21

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S]

2 weeks later

Annika's office

Neil: still no contact from Shivaay

A: I went by his office, had to report to Sarthak with my updates. No emails, no texts, nothing. He's gone. It is what it is

Neil: you don't have to pretend with me Annika, I know you're upset, he's your friend he should have told you he was leaving

A: Whatever, it's been 2 weeks, I'm over it. Let's talk about work

Flashback

The day after they got back from Delhi, Annika called Shivaay, but he didn't answer. She called him several times throughout the day to get the same result. She dropped him several texts as well. When she didn't get any response from him the whole day, she got worried. She contacted Rudra, who informed her that Shivaay hadn't told them anything specific, just that he was leaving. No one knew where he really was.

Annika called him repeatedly for the first couple of days but then she finally gave up. If he cared he would have responded to at least one of her texts. She tried to push him away from her mind, but nothing worked. She couldn't focus on work, she couldn't sleep. She spent all her nights working on his portrait, that was the only thing that helped her relax somehow.

End of flashback

Two days later, Annika was called to Oberoi Industries. She waited in the conference room, going through her phone, looking at all her unanswered texts. The door of the room opened and Annika looked up, surprised and relieved.

A: you're okay

S: yes of course I'm okay.

He smiled at her

A: I was really really worried about you

S: Wait, hold that thought, I have some news

A: what.. wow.. you go off the grid for 2 weeks and then you have the nerve to cut me off

S: I have some explaining to do, can we sit?

Annika was losing her patience, she had been worried sick about his man and here he was looking all chirpy.

A: I'm dying to know where you've been

The conference room door opened again and a beautiful girl entered.

Girl: Sweetheart, I was looking for you in your cabin

S: Mallika, I was just about to tell Annika about us.

Mallika: Hi, I'm Mallika, Shivaay's girlfriend.

To say Annika was shocked would be the understatement of the century. She tried her best to maintain a neutral expression. Luckily for her, Sarthak entered the conference room.

Shivaay asked Mallika to wait in his cabin for a few minutes so he could discuss finances with Annika and Sarthak.

After the discussion, Sarthak excused himself, Annika got up to leave but Shivaay stopped her.

S: I know it's surprising

A: No, why would I be surprised after you disappeared and then waltzed back with a girl on your arm