25

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S]

2 months later

A lot has changed over the last 2 months. For starters, Annika and Shivaay stopped having their Friday meetings regularly. Both of them had known for a long time that they didn't need weekly meetings. Many times they would just chat away for an hour. And when Shivaay was in England, Sarthak called them out on this. So they agreed on having meetings if and when needed.

Shivaay and Mallika had continued their fake dating to make sure Shakti was not up to any funny business. They got snapped by the media a few times, going out for dinners or outings. But Shakti did not do anything to manipulate Shivaay or ruin his life by any means.

Flashback

Mallika: Shivaay why do we need to continue with this charade? You trust Annika then what's the point?

S: Mallika, before all of this happened, we kissed.

Mallika: OMG really!!

S: Yes and I know Annika had feelings for me

Mallika: And how do you feel about that?

S: You know I don't have any place for love or relationships in my life

Mallika: I know, I remember how you broke up with me. But she's different Shivaay

S: I know she is. She can sense when I'm upset

Mallika: Then why are you pushing her away?

S: Because I don't want to hurt her, Mallika. She's precious. She forgave me even when I hurt her so badly. If I take one step towards her, she'll take 5. She'll make it her mission to keep me happy. I don't want her to waste her life trying to fix my broken pieces. She has dreams and aspirations. She has seen loss and pain and struggles all her life. She deserves someone who'll love her with all his heart, who'll trust her blindly, who'll take her pain away. Not me. I can only give her sadness.

Mallika: But she can heal you Shivaay

S: No, she can make it hurt less. She can make my life worth living but she can't heal me. No one can. I'm beyond repair. I know she will accompany me through my journey of healing but how will that be fair to her? She deserves to live freely, happily. That's why we need to continue this, so she can move on. I saw how hurt she was when I told her we can only be friends. As long as she thinks I'm happy with you, she'll put all her efforts into moving on in her life.

Mallika: Okay, I don't agree with you but I'm with you Shivaay. Whatever you need

End of flashback

Mallika: Shivaay can we end this fake dating now? I miss my real boyfriend

S: yeah I think we should, it's been long enough

Mallika: Good, then I'll book my tickets for tonight. I can't wait to see Sidharth outside my phone screen

S: I'm sorry Mallika, you had to make so many compromises and sacrifices to help me

Mallika: Any time Shivaay, you'll always be my friend before being my ex. Tell people whatever story you want about the breakup. I have to pack my bags and say bye to OmRu also, god there's so much to do

During these 2 months, Shivaay met Annika exactly twice. Once when they decided to stop meeting on Fridays and the other when they had some legit work. Each time he ensured either she saw Mallika in the office with him or on a call with him.