7

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S]

Over the next couple of hours, Annika went through the contract but her mind kept circling back to their conversation

A(in her mind): I can't believe he apologized, Shivaay Singh Oberoi apologized to me. And he's going to invest in my business. Am I dreaming? What caused his mind to change? He looked genuinely apologetic and his eyes, so deep, and full of.. pain? What could bother such a rich man like him, who has such a nice family?

Annika waited for her appointment, Shivaay was in another meeting, which had continued longer than it was supposed to. She could see them through the glass wall of the conference room. Shivaay was presenting something to a group of foreigners.

A(in her mind): The media doesn't do him justice. He has charisma and so much confidence. Stop it, Annika, just because he apologized today, doesn't mean he didn't get you fired and rejected by the entire industry. Stop ogling him.

She looked away when she saw Shivaay step outside the conference room. He summoned a guy into his cabin, the door wasn't closed properly so everyone heard when Shivaay scolded that guy. The guy stepped outside with his head hanging low.

A(in her mind): Yupp, this behavior seems like the one I have witnessed before. Poor guy, I'm sure whatever mistake he had made wasn't worth the insults SSO hurled at him.

The receptionist answered a call on the intercom and asked Annika to go in.

A(in her mind): Phail gaya raita, he's already pissed. He's never going to listen to the changes I want in the contract now.

Annika mustered up all her courage and entered the cabin. She saw pieces of a phone that had been thrown violently on the phone.

S: Have a seat

Annika took a seat and told him the changes she wanted. Mishra entered the cabin with a new phone for Shivaay

Mishra: All set sir

Annika watched this transaction curiously as he nodded.

A(in her mind): Wow, he got a new phone fully loaded with data within minutes. This can't be the first time he has smashed his phone. He has a mean violent streak

S: Yes, this is not the first time, that's what you're thinking about, right?

A: How did you know? Did I say it out loud?

S: I read it on your face, Mishra, send in Sarthak.

A guy entered with his laptop. Shivaay told him the changes they had agreed upon, in Annika's contract

S: About that store, we're buying it and the amount will be adjusted in your funding. Before you ask, if you want the deed to be in your name, you can buy it from Oberoi industries whenever you want. Until then, it's yours to run, rent-free

Sarthak was surprised, Shivaay was giving someone a deal that wasn't very profitable for him. And this surprise was shared by Annika as well. Being a business grad herself, she knew this deal was too good for her.

A: Thank you, I really mean it.

S: Sarthak you'll be handling this project from our end. Take her and get the contract signed.