24

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S]

A: What's going on? Why are you so angry?

She closed the door and followed him to her living room

S: why are you doing this Annika? I want the truth

A: What are you talking about? (she asked, confused)

S: What did he offer you? Money? Property? How much did he offer you to influence me?

A: I don't understand who you are talking about?

S: Don't act, I know he sent you

A: Who?

S: My father goddammit! Why are you working for him? What's in it for you? Was anything real with you?

A: I've never even met your father, Shivaay!

S: Stop lying!

A: Enough Shivaay! Stop accusing me and tell me clearly

Annika couldn't take it anymore, all his accusations, his questions, were making her anxious. She wanted to calm him down.

He retrieved his phone from his pocket and showed her a picture that the PI clicked of the two of them talking at the hotel earlier this morning

S: What do you have to say about this? How do you know this man?

A: That's Mr. Shakti.

S: Yes, Shakti Singh Oberoi, my father. Now tell me, what are you two planning? What's the endgame? Why are you trying to manipulate me?

A: Shivaay I didn't know he's your father. I met him by chance, he gave me a lift because my cab broke down. He never told me he was an Oberoi let alone being your father.

S: wow what a story! You expect me to believe this (he scoffed)

A: Yes, because this is the truth. Why would I lie, Shivaay? How am I supposed to know about your parents? They are never mentioned in the media. They are not even listed on your Wikipedia page. And if you think I lied to you, why didn't you come directly to me? No, why would you? You are Shivaay Singh Oberoi, you got someone to spy on me. Will you ever trust me Shivaay? I thought we were past that.

Annika stated her truth with utmost confidence. She wasn't some damsel who would cry and plead. She had nothing to hide, she was innocent so she will not tolerate anything

S: Trust. How can I trust you when I know he sent you? When I know he's trying to manipulate me through you

A: So what if he had actually sent me?

S: You don't know what he's capable of!

A: He's your father, why would he manipulate you?

S: because that's what he does (he screamed in pain). It's what he always does.

A: Do you think I would hurt you? After everything we've been through, you still doubt my intentions. I don't know what your deal is with your father but you can't do this to me. You either trust me or you don't. I've told you the truth, the rest is up to you. I'm not going to defend myself anymore.

He sat on the couch with a thud. He was on the verge of a breakdown