23

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Gauri - G, Bhavya - B]

G: No, no, no, no, no, no. I'm not going to invite Mallika to my girls' night out. No way Shivaay

S: Come on Gauri, please. She's back in Mumbai after 9 years, she doesn't know many people yet. And she's my girlfriend, so can't you do this for your brother?

G: Why should I Shivaay? Firstly, I'm having a night out after such a long time. Secondly, I'm mad at you. You went to England without telling anyone and came back with your ex. Your ex! Who does that? And lastly, you've hurt Annika. You know I just started bonding with her. We had so much fun that night. How will I face her? I'm not gonna invite Mallika.

S: Do you really hate Mallika?

G: hate's a strong word. She seemed sweet and kinda fun when you introduced her. But

S: No buts. You disapprove because I'm dating her. You don't have anything against her otherwise, so be a reasonable person and invite her.

G: Ugh fine, I will do it. But what will I get out of this?

S: I'll buy you whatever you want

G: No, I don't want any gift from you. I want a wish. You have to promise me, you'll give me whatever I ask for, whenever I ask for it. One wish

S: Oh come on. I'm not going to do that. Who knows what you might ask for?

G: No deal then

S: Ok fine, one wish. Just take Mallika along with you

In the evening Gauri was surrounded by her girl friends at a club. Among this group were Annika, Bhavya, Chanda, Mallika, and some of Gauri's other friends.

Chanda(whispers to Annika): Did you know Mallika was gonna be here?

A(whispers to Chanda): No, but I'm not surprised. They're family after all. And it doesn't matter Chanda, I'm fine. I'm over my crush.

G: Come on guys, get over here, let's dance.

The girls swayed and danced to the beats of the music. Mallika brought some glasses from the bar and offered one to Annika.

A: No thanks, I don't drink

Mallika: This is a mocktail Annika, non-alcoholic.

A: Okay then

Annika gulped down her glass

M(in her mind): Sorry Annika, for spiking your drink. I need your guards down to find the truth.

Annika felt her muscles relax.

A: What was in that drink? It feels so good

Mallika: I know right, very relaxing

A: You're nice Mallika, very friendly

Mallika: Can I ask you something?

A: Of course, no formalities.

Mallika: How did you get an appointment with Shivaay? Oberoi Industries don't usually deal with newcomers

A: I know, that's what I used to think. Then I met someone, he helped me. He asked his secretary to get me an appointment with Mishra ji.