chapter 17

Pelican full of marines

A squad of marines were in a pelican checking over their weapons while some were deep in thought taking deep breaths holding their weapon tightly preparing themselves for the coming battle.

Some of them had never set foot onto a battlefield, so some of them were nervous while those with experience were either calm and collected. Or excited to be on another battlefield again after all these years.

But the thing on everyone's mind was that how they were going to do against an army of clones built to be the perfect killing machine since birth unlike them who were trained to be the perfect killing machine.

But what they all could agree on was that they had a reason to fight for unlike the clones and they were going to give them hell to protect in what they believed and loved.

While this is happening a lone figure approaches them standing in the middle of the group about to address them all. He had multiple scars and burns across his body which was proof he had engaged in countless battles. He was about to raise the morale of his troops and show the republic that their navy wasn't the only thing they should fear.

"Alright marines. Here we will stand and fight; there will no withdrawal once we land." He says as everyone in the ship listens while the ship sways side to side a little.

"I don't want to get any messages saying, 'I am holding my position.' we are not holding a goddamned thing! Let the republic clones do that." He says staring at every marine while walking back and forth down the ship.

"We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's throat. We will never release that hold until they are all dead behind us." He says.

"Keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy." He says.

"It will be here that we will drive the galactic republic and the remains of the separatist army off this planet once and for all." He says walking to the back of the ship for the final time.

"It will be here where we will stand and fight. If we can't stay here alive. We will stay here dead!" He says as his voice grow loud at the last sentence.

"For the Terran republic!" He shouts opening the bay doors before saying something over his comms taking a deep breath as he finished.

"For the Terran republic!" Everyone else screams as they stand up ready for combat.

As the door opens bolts of blaster fire and explosion can be seen everywhere as hundreds of pelicans carrying men, tanks, and other vehicles fly towards their destinations on the ground.

A few pelicans gets hit with a direct hit with one of these and explodes violently before plummeting to the ground. At the same time a few clone pilots make it towards the waves of Terran troops firing on the transports taking out a few as the terrans evade them the best they could.

This only goes on for a few seconds before multiple Terran fighters scream by taking them out with only anti-aircraft guns being the only threats fired upon them.

As they near the ground everyone starts to get ready to jump into battle. Moments later they hover near the ground and the battle on the ground had started for the terrans.

"Go. Go. Go." The commander shouts as everyone jumps out the pelican before shooting at the clones position ahead running towards them. Blue blaster fire can be seen fired at them as explosions from cannons rain down on them.

Terrans troops across the landscape can be seen deploying on the ground as they aim towards the clone positions, firing multiple shots at them.

As they are doing this more pelicans with tanks and other vehicles land ahead of them dropping off their load.