Hello there

Hey, hello there. Uh, my name is Elwood, I am the author of this......mm, debatable fanfic. For those of you who are enjoying it, thank you! I always appreciate it when people like my work, even if it's work I am no longer proud of. For those of you who are laughing at it, trust me- I'm laughing with you, and crying.

This fanfic and another keep popping back up in my life, like the annoying zit between your eyebrows you just can't get rid of or coverup. Sometimes, all you can do is embrace it. 

Time and time again I find myself rereading this book, cringing at many things I did that are, questionable. Very questionable. Being older now, I still have a love of Naruto, and for writing. And the constant stream of people voting, commenting, and adding this story to their reading lists is something that brings me a sense of comfort. I might nitpick all the little and not so little things, but its something that might bring a smile to someone else's face.

To me, that makes the cringe worth it. Though I will never show my friends this account because they already bully me enough. (Shiny if you find this somehow, ily) 

Anyways, the point is, I have a lot of free time on my hands, and a lot of mental illness. Which, if you're reading a Naruto fanfic, lets be honest- you probably have some too. So, something I can do to bring us all a bit of serotonin?

Rewrite, and make things better.

It will be a long process, but I think it'll be worth it. For the sake of learning from mistakes and enjoying fond memories of cringiness, I will not be deleting this book. I will be starting on a completely new slate. If you enjoy Accepting My Identity, and want to see the story continue, your support is always appreciated. 

I will post an update here when the first chapter is done- honestly I might wait to post anything until I have a few chapters done because depression is unpredictable, but either way, when its out there- you guys will know.

Thank you to everyone who has continued to love this story despite its flaws, I hope you will continue to love it as it grows and lives up to its potential!