Chapter 8

RIN'S POV

I groaned as I sat up in the cold, hard bed. Another day of training.

Or torture.

Torture would probably be the better word for it.

I looked at the wall across from me and sighed.

Three years...

Three years since Oreo-Pedo had captured me again.

I blinked and frowned.

Something was wrong.

The wall was gone, replaced by a window.

Outside, I could see trees, and houses.

It was Konoha. My eyes widened as they began to fill with tears. I was home.

I frowned, trying to remember if I had escaped, or if I was rescued. No memories came to mind.

I looked around some more and noticed I was in a hospital room, a very nice one at that. It was large and had a nice bed, a couch, a table, and some lounge chairs. I looked down and noticed that my hair was extremely long, which confused me since I cut my hair while training so it wouldn't get in the way.

The door opened and a nurse walked in with a tray that had a syringe on it. She looked up to see me and instantly dropped the tray, running out of the room yelling for a doctor.

I tried to call out to her, but stopped when nothing cane out except a small groan.

Why can't I talk?

I tried speaking again, only for nothing to come out this time. My throat began to burn as I kept trying to get at least a syllable out.

Slowly, I started panicking as the nurse came running back in, followed by a few doctors.

As a doctor came up to me, I reached a hand up to my throat.

He nodded and placed a hand on my back, trying to comfort me. "You might not be able to talk for a few days, but that's to be expected. Just rest for now, okay?"

Slowly, I slowed my breathing and nodded. Taking deep breaths, I laid back down.

He turned his back to me and whispered something to the nurse who nodded and rushed out.

After a few minutes, Kakashi appeared in my room with a cloud of smoke, instantly rushing to my side and hugging me tightly.

"You're awake," he choked out between sobs.

He held me tightly, only letting go when I pushed him away, needing air.

I frowned at him and mouthed,"Awake?"

He nodded slowly. "Rin...you've been in a coma for three years," he said slowly.

My eyes widened and I shook my head. "No. Orochimaru kidnapped me! What do you mean I've been in a coma?"

This time, his eye widened. He gripped my shoulders tightly and looked straight into my eyes. "Kaminari, you've been in a coma."

My eyes widened and tears began to fall. "H-how..." It came out barely as a whisper, and was extremely coarse.

He pulled me in and hugged me gently. "I'm so sorry babygirl. I wasn't able to protect you."

I shoved him away and glared at him while shaking my head furiously. I didn't need to say anything for him to understand that he shouldn't say that.

He nodded and looked down, his eye narrowing slightly.

There was a small knock at the door and Sasuke and Naruto came running in. They jumped up on the bed and hugged me tightly.