SPECIAL

KAKASHI'S POV

I looked out the window and sighed.

There was a point in time I thought this would actually be a happy day for me, but I guess not.

I looked down at the picture in my lap and smiled at the small blue eyed girl. Tracing her face lightly, I let out a shaky sigh.

"Happy birthday baby girl. Dad loves you," I whispered quietly.

There was a knock on the door and I took a deep breath before trotting downstairs.

"Oh, hello Ibiki. What are you doing here so late?"

From behind him he dragged a young man forward. I raised my eyebrow in question.

"We found him skimpering around outside the gates. He said he'd only talk to you at your house, or we kill him."

I looked down at the man and frowned. He was shaking terribly and looking at me with pleading eyes. His body was cut up, recently too.

Reluctantly I nodded. "I'll talk to him."

Ibiki shrugged and tossed the terrified man inside. I nodded a goodbye and closed the door.

"O-okay...I did what you asked me to do," he said suddenly.

I turned around and took out a kunai. Someone sent him? An assassin?

There was a poof of smoke and a box appeared in his arms.

He went quiet for a second, like he was listening to someone. "Give it t-to him? O-okay!" He held out his hands, waiting for me to take the box.

I glared at him. "What's in the box?"

He started shaking even worse. "I don't know! Please! She'll kill me!"

My eye widened slightly. She? There's no way...

I took the box and opened it up. My eye watered as I took out the bag of cookies and the small note.

Happy Birthday! I know it would've been better if I was actually there, but I'm way over in Suna right now and I couldn't really leave to make the trip. Please don't hurt the guy, he's a bounty I was after but I struck a deal that I wouldn't kill him if he delivered on time. Don't worry too much about me. I'm doing great! I've made some good friends! So yeah...that's the gist of it. AND DON'T TRY TO COME SEE ME IN SUNA!!

I smiled as I looked at the picture attached to the note. She was smiling, and looked like she was having fun.

The guy cleared his throat and I looked up at him.

"Sh-she's gone now. Can I go?"

I sighed and nodded. "Go on. And thank you."

He nodded and rushed out the door.

I walked back up stairs, eating the cookies slowly as I read the note over. I wonder how strong she's gotten, I thought as I laid down in bed.

It was a happy day after all~

So I did this for obvious reasons because duh! Today is their birthday~ WOOT WOOT

Anyways...next chapter will be up soon. I've been dealing with a lot of health issues...and I'm finally settling into school. So yeah! Thanks for all your support and patience~