Chapter 6

KAKASHI'S POV

I opened the front door as quietly as I could and walked in slowly. It was three o'clock in the morning and I didn't want to wake the girls.

Rin will be happy that I ended up being gone for only a few hours. 

The mission had been a simple one. There were some rogues hiding in the forest, and they needed to be taken care of.

When I checked the rooms, and saw both of them were empty I started to get a little worried.

Maybe...they're in my room?

I opened the door to my room, and sure enough, both girls were cuddled up in the blankets, silently snoring. A small smile crept its way to my face as I quietly climbed into bed with them, holding Rin on my chest, and Suko on my side.

Then they disappeared.

Then some kunai fell down at me from the ceiling.

"A trap!?"

I lept out of the bed and made a dash for the door, only to get tangled in chakra strings.

"Girls its me! Its Kakashi!"

Rin stepped out of the shadows and narrowed her eyes at me. She turned to Suko, who was crouched in the corner, and furrowed her eyebrows.

If they were communicating somehow, I was completely lost.

Then Rin shrugged. "Well if it is him, then I'll find out. If its not, then we kill him, simple as that."

My eye widened and turned white with fear. 

Just like her mother and aunt....why couldn't she be more like her uncle? Kindhearted and mild??

"You. If you really are Kakashi, then you should be able to answer this question. Who was I named after?"

My eye narrowed and my head sank with guilt.

"Rin Nohara."

It came out as barely a whisper, but Rin caught it and the chakra strings were released.

I slumped to the ground and Rin and Suko both ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry I had to ask that question, Oto-san. I needed to know it was you," Rin said with a small quavering voice.

I nodded slowly and hugged the girls back.

"Wait a second. How do you even know how about her?"

I pulled away from the girls and the exchanged a look with each other that told me they had been up to no good.

"A few hours...a few hours! You couldn't keep out of trouble for A FEW HOURS??" I sighed deeply and looked into RIn's eyes. "What did you two do?"

She giggled a tiny bit and rolled her eyes a bit. "Well, we didn't get into trouble. Or rather, we didn't get caught." She snickered along with Suko as question marks floated around my head.

"Oh, by the way Oto-san, what's my uncle's name?"

I froze. 

Does she know? But...how?

"Um...so! *fake yawn* Who's tired? Cause I am!"

I picked up the giggling girls and crawled into bed. Rin crawled onto my chest and Suko clung to my side, causing me to smile softly.

"You still need to answer my question Oto...san..." Rin drifted off to sleep and started snoring. I chuckled lightly and kissed the top of her head.