Chapter 4

RIN'S POV

"Oh no! No no no!"

I ran around the corner and back. 

Looked under bushes.

Climbed trees.

Ran into nearby stores.

I looked at Kakashi with tears in my eyes. I could see the confusion in his and Itachi's though.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I looked around even more. Mumbling two names over and over.

"Sasuke...Naruto...Sasuke...Naruto..."

Itachi's eyes widened as he started frantically searching for his younger brother. Calling his name out several times.

Kakashi came and picked me up and held me as I cried into his shoulder. Suko started looking around too as Kakashi walked over to a nearby bench and sat down with me in his lap.

"Shh. I'm sure they just ran off somewhere to go get help or hide. They're safe. Don't worry baby girl." His voice soothed me and I calmed down to a sniffle. I let go of his shirt and nodded while rubbing the snot off my nose. 

Suko came running over and the look in her eyes instantly told me everything I needed to know. We took off running towards the forest. I heard Kakashi and Itachi close behind, calling our names.

I can't stop...if I stop..Suko might lose their scent. I can't let that happen!

We pushed ourselves even faster and came to a clearing with Naruto and Sasuke tied and gagged in the center.

I grabbed Suko to keep her from going out into the open and looked around, trying to see or sense someone.

Nothing.

Kakashi and Itachi came up behind us and crouched down.

Off to the left of the boys, I noticed a small log. I nudged Suko and pointed over to the log.

"Just like the exercises," she whispered. 

I nodded and started making my way to the right of the clearing. Kakashi moved to follow but I stopped him. "Let me and Suko take care of this. We recognize how its laid out."

And with that, me and Suko took off, leaving behind a very confused pair of boys.

Yea...my dad's a boy not a man...he's only nineteen.

Suko headed across the clearing and I went straight to Naruto and Sasuke.

Just like the exercise a little bit ago...fast movements. In and out.

Without bothering to untie them, I grabbed the boys and took off towards the direction Suko went in, not slowing down for fear of the thin wires quickly springing up behind me. Two feet away from the tree line Suko grabbed me using chakra strings and pulled me directly to the left.

Me and the boys landed on top of her with an 'oomph' and Suko groaned. "There wasn't so much weight hitting me last time we did that."

I chuckled and stood up, dusting myself off. Suko untied the boys and helped them up.

Kakashi and Itachi came up beside us cautiously with kunais out. 

Suko rolled her eyes. "The guy's over there, tied up. Amateur...pssh. Did what you're not supposed to do."

"Which is?" Itachi butt in.

"Use something that your enemies know inside and out. That was an exercise Orochimaru had us practice a lot. I forget the reason why though," she said with a sigh.