Chapter 13

DEDICATED TO @BubblyNeko

YEAR 1-MONTH 5- DAY 23

RIN'S POV

I narrowed my eyes at the man groveling at my feet.

"I didn't know who you were! Please! Spare my life! P-Ple-"

I clicked my tongue in annoyance at the blood splatter on my new shirt and growled lowly. "Damn it, this is why I can't have color."

With a vicious rip, I tore my katana out of the man's throat and wiped the blood off with my dirtied shirt. I lazily put a black oragami flower by his body before I continued walking.

Nearly four months had gone by, and I had found absolutely nothing on Suko. The one thing I had succeeded  on was creating a name for myself.

Or rather, an incredibly strong mysterious manly rogue who kills without mercy.

Which wasn't true.

I don't kill everyone who crosses my path, only the ones I don't like.

The sun blinded my eyes as I moved a tree branch out of my face, causing me to groan. When my eyes finally adjusted, I groaned again.

"Its a deser-...there's a village?"

I raised an eyebrow in curiosity as I climbed a taller tree to get a better look. My eyes widened and I whistled as I looked over the large village.

Imagine a big ditch in the ground....

That's where this village was. It's walls rose around it, forming a half moon shape that went underground.

I frowned and tried to recall anything about a desert village, but couldn't.

"Only one way to find out then," I sighed as I jumped down from the tree and walked towards a large opening.

~~

A guard stepped in front of me and raised an eyebrow.

I scoffed a bit and shrugged. "What? I'm a traveler. Need a place to restock and rest."

"What's your name," he demanded.

"Rin. I'm from Konoha," I said with a sigh.

He rubbed his chin for a second and smirked. "Welcome to Suna, the Village Hidden in Sand."

My eyes widened slightly. "This is Suna? Hmm, I shoulda guessed."

The guard chuckled amd motioned someone else forward.

A young, awkward boy came forward and bowed shakily. "H-hai?"

The guard sighed. "Take her to the Kazekage."

The boy bowed again and motioned for me to follow.

As we walked through the cavern, I looked uo at the boy and smirked. "How old are you?"

"Twelve!"

I flinched slightly. "No need to be so...stiff. He must be your sensei."

He nodded and relaxed...

A bit.

I chuckled quietly as we came out onto a street, full of vendors and food stands. The buildings were all very plain, and all very smooth. I smiled as I noticed the were built completely out of cement.

Smart...keeps it nice and cool inside.

We reached the Kazekage's building, and the boy stopped. Upon my eyebrow being raised, he explained,"I should probably be getting back to the gate. Kaden-sensei doesn't like us taking our time."