Chapter 18

YEAR 2-MONTH 9- DAY 6

RIN'S POV

I held onto Yami's hand as we walked through the village. She looked down at me with concern in her brown eyes.

Smiling weakly, I coughed and winced as I got some blood on my sleeve.

Yesterday, we had gotten into a fight. I let my guard down and someone was able to jab a kunai into my side.

I was currently using all the chakra I had to keep up the henge I had put on myself.

Yami had done the same, seeing as how it would be easier to get in and out without attracting too much attention.

"We need to get you to a hospital. I can't heal you fully, Rin," she said firmly.

I shook my head. "Not here. I'll be found out."

I side eyed a shinobi as he walked past, not sparing us a second glance. The leaf symbol on his forehead gleamed in the sunlight.

Yami groaned slightly and ran a hand over her face. "Rin! I don't care. You are not going to die. I can't-"

She stopped short and I frowned slightly, but shook it off.

I froze as a familiar blonde went running past, and Yami looked down at me.

"What's wrong?"

I pointed discreetly. "That's Naruto, he's my friend."

Her eyes widened slightly and she chuckled. "A jinchuriki?"

I frowned at her and let go of her hand. "How do you know that?"

She sighed and shook her head. "It's not that big of a secret. Most everyone who lived at that time knows who he is."

I made an 'oh' face and grabbed her hand again. She chuckled slightly, then frowned as I winced again. Without hesitation, she picked me up and looked around before jumping up and running across the rooftops.

We made it to the hospital in no time, and she wasted none in grabbing a doctor.

She dragged him into an empty room and held a kunai to his throat.

"Help her, now."

He nodded, his eyes white with fear as I lifted my shirt, showing the deep gash on my stomach. His eyes widened and he inspected the wound carefully.

After a minute, he stepped away and took a deep breath. "Five minutes, I can heal her."

Yami sighed with relief as he held his hands to my stomach.

I winced, then relaxed as I could feel the chakra stitching the organs and muscles back together. Apparently, it wasn't as deep as me and Yami had both thought. There was no serious damage, and when he pulled his hands away, I felt good as new.

I jumped down from the bed and bowed. "Arigato, sensei."

He smiled and shook his head. "Anything for a former patient."

I froze and snapped my head back up at him. "N-nani?"

He simply smiled and waved as he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. Yami looked at me and shrugged before chuckling. I shook my head and scoffed as we jumped out the window.

I clasped my hands behind my head and took a deep breath in through my nose.

"You do miss after a while don't you," Yami said softly.

With a slight frown, I looked up at Yami as her black hair flowed around her face in the wind.

"Did you live in Konoha?"

"Hm? Oh." She looked down at me with wide eyes. "Um, I spent some time here, yes."

I raised an eyebrow in curiosity, but froze as I felt an all too familiar chakra. My eyes found the stupid hair instantly.

"God, I hate that hair."

Yami laughed as I choked on my spit and started laughing.

The very person we were making fun of, looked over with his usual bored expression. I saw the mask twitch slightly around his lips and Yami chuckled.

"Look look. Whenever his mask crinckles like that he's-"

"Pursing his lips," we both said at the same time.

We laughed again, then stopped short as we realized he had started walking over.

Yami cleared her throat and smiled politely as he walked up to us.

"I don't recognize you," he said plainly.

Yami cocked her head to the side and gave him a closed eye smile. "Hai, me and my daughter are travelers." Her voice was soft, and a lot more girly than it usually was.

He looked down at me, and I smiled cutely. He smiled back, then looked back up at Yami. "I have a daughter too, right around her age. She's a traveler too."

I bit my lip as I heard the sadness in his voice.

"Don't worry. I'm sure no matter where she is, she's thinking of you. And remember," Yami placed her hand on his chest, "she's always right here."

Kakashi's eye widened. He looked down at Yami's hand, then back up at her. "Hikari?"

Her eyes widened and I froze.

I looked up at Yami and frowned. She stammered and looked down at me then back up at Kakashi. "I...I'm sorry?"

He grabbed her wrist and held her tightly. "Did you think I wouldn't recognize you? That's exactly what you said to me the day you disappeared!"

Yami looked around and began to panick when people were starting to gather. She quickly punched Kakashi, knocking him out, and grabbed me. She teleported us outside the village and began running.

I was still staring up at her, finally fitting the pieces together.

I pushed myself out of her arms and dropped the henge. My eyes blazed with anger and she stopped and looked at me with sad eyes.

She dropped her henge and my eyes softened slightly.

Her longe blonde hair framed a round face that held big blye orbs as eyes.

"Why?"

She bit her lip and looked down at the ground. "When I met you, I didn't know who you were. I didn't know until you said Kakashi was your father. I decided not to tell you, I thought it'd be best for your safety."

She took her knife off her belt and handed it to me. "It belongs with you. The other knife and katana were taken from me. Find them," she said.

She turned away and pulled her mask on. "I'm sorry I can't be here for you, Kaminari. Find Suko."

I went to reach for her, but she disappeared in a cloud of smoke, slipping through my fingertips.

I looked down at the knife, still in shock.

"M-mom..."

~Sorry this took so long to upload. Me and my paremts ended uo going on vacation and I did not plan for it. I should've had chapters ready to upload (>-< ) Anyways, thank you for reading! Leave thoughts down in the comments and hit that vote if you liked it! Thank you so much!