Chapter 5

RIN'S POV

After talking a bit more with the Hokage, we finally got to go home.

Home...

I smiled and ran up to the door of the two story, unkempt house. Weeds crawled up the walls and had taken over the whole front yard.

Chuckling, Suko walked up behind me. "Don't do much cleaning do ya, eh Kakashi?"

He hit her on the head with his book and unlocked the door, stepping aside as I ran inside to explore. "I don't have the time to," he said lazily.

I ran into the living room and looked around. "Well you don't have to tell me twice! This place is a mess!" I fell into a laughing fit as he sweatdropped.

"And I suppose Orochimaru's compound is cleaner?"

Suko flew past him and landed on the couch, causing dust to fly up everywhere. "Oh *cough*...yeah. Definitely." She laughed in between coughs as Kakashi stalked up the stairs grumbling something under his breath.

KAKASHI'S POV

I flopped down in my bed and continued to read my book as the girls explored the house. It was large-ish I guess, nothing special.

Unless you counted dust as special...

Besides my room, bathroom, and kitchen, the whole house was coated in a thick layer of dust. I'm always out on missions with Team Ro, so cleaning isn't exactly a priority. 

I sighed and put my book down on my face. 

How am I going to take care of Rin AND Suko if I'm always on missions?

There was a loud crash downstairs and I heard someone yelp. I ran out of my room and down the stairs as fast as I could, to see Suko laughing at Rin who was sprawled out on the floor, covered in flour.

"What...happened?"

Suko held her stomach as she laughed harder, and soon ran out of breath. Rin threw a glare at her and I could see her face was red. "I slipped on the counter when I was trying to reach the flour. I wanted to make cookies." Her eyes watered a little and I heard a tiny little sniffle.

Suko's laugh quieted down to a snicker as she looked at Rin lovingly. "Oh you little ball of fluff and feelings you," Suko said with a quiet voice as she knelt down and hugged Rin.

I stood there silently, not knowing what to do. Suko looked up at me and motioned me over. Slowly, I walked over and knelt down to scoop both girls up in my arms.

"How 'bout we go get not expired ingredients, and make cookies together?"

Rin's eyes lit up and she nodded energetically. She hopped off my lap and skipped towards the door. Suko looked up at me and nodded quietly. I nodded in return, thanking her silently.

We walked towards the closest store and bought the ingredients we needed to make chocolate chip cookies, which, according to Suko, are Rin's favorite. I chuckled as Rin thanked the cashier sweetly and skipped outside, holding the bag in one hand, and Suko's hand in the other.

She seems like a little ball of innocence when she's not serious or angry...just like her mother. Just like her aunt...

I shivered slightly in fear and glanced up at the sky, noticing a falcon.

I sighed and looked down, noticing that Rin had stopped. She had noticed the falcon too.

She came up to me and hugged my leg tightly, an arrow of cuteness stabbed me in the chest repeatedly as she held onto it. "Don't worry Oto-san. Me and Suko will be here until you get back. We'll clean the house so then dust won't ruin our cookies!" 

I picked her up and kissed her forehead through my mask. "You go to the Hokage if you need anything. Okay? Be a good girl and don't get in any fights. Especially you Suko."

Suko smirked and nodded. 

I put Rin back down and smiled at the two girls before teleporting to the Hokage's office. The rest of Team Ro was already there, awaiting orders.

RIN'S POV

I sighed as Kakashi poofed away, leaving me and Suko alone for Kami knows how long. Suko patted me on the head, despite knowing how much I hated that. "Don't worry, Nari, we'll be fine."

"It's not us I'm worried about," I grumbled quietly while kicking a rock.

Kakashi of the Sharingan...I need to do some research.

"Suko, let's look around a little after dropping these off at the house."

Her eyebrows raised. "Oh no! I know that look! No! NOPE! N-O SPELLS NO!"

*1 hour later*

"I hate you."

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"Shhh...you'll get us caught."

"Ugh."

I dropped out of the vent and into the small room that held all the mission reports of every shinobi in the village. 

"Look for Hatake."

"Obviously dimwit."

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"Brat."

"Midget."

"I'm four years old, what the hell do you expect?"

"Ooooo...I'm telling Kakashi."

"Ah! I found it."

I pulled a scroll from a shelf and unrolled it slowly. My eyes widened at all the missions he had done as an Anbu. I scanned the scroll repeatedly until I found it.

"Suko read this. A while back, just after he became a jonin. 'Obito Uchiha transferred his Sharingan to Kakashi Hatake, then died from falling rocks.' And this girl, Rin...she died later too. Do you think I was named after her?"

Suko shrugged. "It's possible. Hold on though, what's this about a fourth person, right here?"

I looked at the scroll again and my eyes widened. "Hikari Namikaze? Wasn't that the name of the Yondaime?"

Suko nodded and my eyes narrowed. Is it possible?

We heard the door handle jiggle and hopped back up into the vent. Crawling away quietly, with our heads spinning with curiosity.

*2 hours later*

"Whew! The place is finally clean!"

Me and Suko dispelled our shadow clones, then plopped down onto the couch.

"I think that was more tiring than some of the training Orochimaru had us do," I said with a slight chuckle.

Suko laughed and nodded tiredly. "I think its time for bed, it's like ten o'clock, and I'm pooped."

"Me too." I groaned and trudged up the stairs to Kakashi's room. He's not here...why let a nice warm bed go to waste?

I climbed into the giant bed and fell asleep almost instantly, not bothering to move as Suko climbed in next to me.