~14~

Taking a deep breath you knocked on the door infront of you. Biting your lip you shuffled nervously as you waited for the door to open. A soft creek was heard before Barbatos peeked his head out. "Ah, Y/N. Please step inside, it's awfully cold tonight." The butler stepped aside and invited you into the gigantic castle. "I'm assuming you're here to speak with Lord Diavolo." Nodding your head the butler sighed and smiled at you.

"He's in his office attending to some paper work at the moment, wait here while I get some refreshments for the both of you." With that he was off. Checking your D.D.D you saw the multiple missed calls and messages from the brothers. Turning it off you shook your head and tapped your foot. "I need to go home..." You mumbled to yourself as light footsteps were heard.

"Right this way," Barbatos motioned for you to follow him to Diavolos office. Knocking on the door before twisting the door handle open, the both of yoy entered the office. "Y/N, so good to see you! But isn't it a bit late? I'm sure Lucifer's probably wondering where you are." He spoke as he stood up and walked towards you. Barbatos set the drinks down on the coffee table before excusing himself and leaving the two of you alone.

"I actually wanted to ask a favor from you." You fiddled with your nails as your anxiety finaly settled in. "Of course, don't be so nervous." The prince gave you a reassuring smile. "I'd like to go back to the human world..." Diavolo paused as he slowly picked up the tea cup. "I'm in no position to decline but may I ask for what reason?" Shifting in your seat you looked down at your lap.

"In all honesty a lot of events have happened in my stay here and I need to clear my head... decide where I truly belong." You mumbled, finally looking up to meet Diavolo's eyes. He cleared his throat and set his cup down. "This is your decision to make, but have you at least consulted the other's?" Furrowing your eyebrows you looked at the demon princess.

"Lord Diavolo I'm sorry to say this but this is something that really only concerns me. I wanted to come down here to learn more about the roots that tied me down to the Devildom but it seems I've caused myself more confusion in the process... I'd like to return home, at least for a few days and I'll be back to continue my studies."

Lord Diavolo smiled and placed his tea cup down. "I'll arrange whatever I need for your extended leave but I can't guarantee anything more than a month. I do hope you sort out whatever it is you need to and make your decision soon." Lord Diavolo took your hand and led you outside of his study.

"Lord Diavolo, I've got one more thing to ask of you... could you possibly give these to the brother's once I'm gone? I know they're kind of ignoring me at the moment but I'm sure they'll wanna know why I left." Diavolo took the letters you had written and nodded. "I'll be sure to give these to them." Diavolo paused as the two of you reached a stone path in the garden.

The stone tiles were engraved with a magic circle. Stepping in the middle you nervously placed your feet the center of the circle. "We'll see you again soon Y/N." Barbatos hummed as he walked up behind Diavolo. "Good bye... see you soon." You mumbled as a white light light up the cracks on the floor. The light soon grew and engulfed your whole body. In a open and close of your eyes you were back to where Diavolo had first picked you up.

"Right... back home..." You mumbled as the empty streets of your town greeted you. The skirt you wore swayed with the wind, despite the cold, no goosebumps appeared on your skin. Walking around for a while your shoulders slumped. The dark blue skies scared people away. Everyone was in their homes, with their families or loved ones, getting ready for bed.

When you reached your house you took in a deep breath and knocked on the door. It took a few knocks but when the door opened, your mother stood there surprised. "Y/N! You didn't call, what are you doing here?" She ushered you inside, closing the door once you had taken off your shoes. "I know, it's been confusing and exciting at the same time but... I wanted to come home. I needed space I guess." You shrugged as you walked towards the living room.

"Where my father?" You asked noticing he wasn't on his favorite couch. "Hes asleep in our room, go upstairs and get some rest. I'll let him know when he wakes. For now get some rest." Your mother moved a stray strand of hair from your face before motioning you towards your room.

Walking up the stairs you bit your lip. You grew up in this house but somehow you felt even more out of place than you did before. Opening the door to your room you noticed everything seemed to be exactly how you left it. Dust could be seen on your shelves. Your LED light stand was still turned on, illuminating the area with a F/C hue. "Home sweet home." You mumbled as you plopped yourself down onto the bed. Not bothering to cover yourself up, you grabbed a plush and drifted off to sleep.

 Not bothering to cover yourself up, you grabbed a plush and drifted off to sleep

Comments looking a Lil dry... c'mon guys I don't bite 😉 Please share and let me know what yall think.