~20~

Lucifer
I sighed as I got my paperwork together, finals week was fast approaching and I needed to get all of my brothers study packets sorted out. A knock was heard on my door as I grabbed my school bag. "Come in", I called as I turned around. "It's Mammon's turn for kitchen duty but he refuses to get out of bed." Satan smirked as he stood by the door.

"Tell him to get out of bed or else I'll personally come and get him."

"Will do... I was also wondering, since it's so close to finals week... Do you think..?"

"I'm not sure, Lord Diavolo hasn't mentioned anything of it to me, besides we should really be focusing on our own classes. Last year's averages weren't at all favorable." Satan scoffed as the two of us excited my room. "Blame that on Mammon, he flunked practically all of his exams."

"It still reflects poorly on all of us, he's supposed to be the second oldest." Satan rolled his eyes as we reached Mammon's door. Arguing could be heard before I slammed the door open. "Get up Mammon, we're eating breakfast at school but you'll be in charge of cooking for the next week." I scolded as he froze in his bed.

The whole morning I felt irritated, I felt off. Anything I did to help lessen the growing headache wouldn't work which only irritated me more. Classes went on and I couldn't help but feel distracted. "Lucifer, the bell rang." Asmodeus called by the door with his book bag in hand.

"Are you alright?"

Asmo waved a hand in front of my face but something caught my eye. "I need to take care of something..." I mumbled as I handed him some paperwork. My body moved by itself as I follow a trace of H/C hair.

Turning the corner my breath caught in my throat as I watched a familiar face catch up with Lord Diavolo.

Normal POV

You grinned up at Lord Diavolo who welcomed you with open arms. "We've missed you so much here Y/N!" You laughed as he picked you up off the ground for a moment. "I knooooow, I've missed this place too. I just hope those packets you sent me are enough to help me get through finals..." You mumbled as you noticed someone standing at the end of the hall.

"Lucifer!" You gasped as he stared at you in shock. "Y/N... It's nice to see you." His voice was laced with nervousness, something you never thought you'd hear. "Can we talk later?" You motioned for Diavolo to leave the two of you alone. "Of course, I'm sure you have much to talk about. We have a council meeting today if you want to join us." Diavolo gave Lucifer a pat on the back and you nodded.

The hallway flooded in silence as the two of you walked awkwardly side by side.

"So..."

"Yeah..."

You laughed when the both of you paused at the same time.

"You go first," Lucifer offered.

"Well... It didn't take much for me to realize where I belong. I wanted so hard to fit in that I guess I lost who I was, and you guys helped me find myself." You grabbed Lucifer's hand and placed a kiss on the palm of his hand.

"Thank you, and your brothers for everything you've done for me."

"Is that all?"

You were stunned by his response.

"What do you mean?"

"We've been waiting... For your return, and possibly an answer to the question we've all been asking ourselves." You swallowed thickly as nerves started running through your body. "What question..?" You asked dryly, playing dumb. "Which one of us... Do you want?" Lucifers eyebrows furrowed as he looked at you with mixed emotions.

"Luci... I can't answer that right now. I need more time, it's too soon for that. Let me focus on my exams first, please." Lucifer sighed and straightened himself out. "I suppose you are right, I'm sorry for pressuring you... If you'd like you can sit with us for lunch." You shook your head and adjusted your book bag. "I told Marrow I would eat with him and the twins." Lucifer nodded and sent you on your way.

"Actually... Could I join you?" You laughed at his sudden statement. "I mean, if you really want to. You're always busy during lunch so I assumed you never eat at school." You shyly answered as he walked to catch up with you.

"Normally I am, but because of finals student council has cancelled it's meetings until after finals." You hummed as the two of you walked at a comfortable pace. "Do you think you could tutor me? I'm falling behind on my math work and I will literally cry if I fail."

"Of course, I'm tutoring Mammon and Asmo Tomorrow if you'd like to join them." You bit your lip nervously. "I'll think about it, you're slightly more composed than they are and I'm not sure how they would react." Lucifer chuckled at that. "Only slightly?" He raised a brow and the two of you laughed together.

"Will you two stop it already?" You heard Marrows stern voice as you entered the empty classroom.

"JD!" The twins yelled in unison

"Hey, how's it been?" You waved slightly as you moved to sit down with Lucifer trailing behind you. "I'd be better if I didn't have rats for brains following me around." Yang rolled her eyes and pointed at her brother. "So how's the human world? You were gone for a while..." Marrow gave Lucifer a slight glance, the two having almost blank expressions.

"It was very... Unsatisfying." You decided to leave it at that as you pulled out your lunch.

Lucifer didn't say much throughout the whole time there. He mostly just looked around the classroom as he ate, but every so often he would look over at you. Admiring your laugh, the way your lips would curl into a smile and sometimes you would glance at him. The way his eyes looked awestruck everytime you caught him looking at you.

It was going to be a very hard decision indeed.