~19~

With a heavy sigh you closed your room door. The black mid length skirt you chose to wear swayed slightly as you nervously moved. "Maybe this is a bad idea..." You mumbled as you touched your horns. You wanted to go out in your succubus form but now that it was time to leave you were getting second thoughts. "You look beautiful! I've never seen you in anything so revealing." Laura grinned as she looked you up and down.

When you were still studying in the human realm you wore mostly jeans to school, you never really felt the need to buy skirts or shorts due to the dress code, but since the RAD used skirts as uniforms you felt better in them. Not to mention the confidence boost Asmo would give you anytime he saw you in anything that appealed to his taste, which was mostly anything short and revealing.

Walking towards the door you were stopped by your dad. "Where are you going?" You swallowed nervously and looked him in the eyes. "I'm going out, I'll be back later." You narrowed your eyes as he kept his firm tone. "Not like that you're not. You know the rules." Your nose flared as yo got angry. "Dad... I'm old enough to make my own decision."

You nervously spoke as you broke eye contact. "Not while you're still living under my roof. You know exactly why I don't like you going out like that. Your mother—"

"My mother is dead... But I will not hide who I am just to appease you." You huffed as you made your way towards the door. "Y/N! Get back here!" You rolled your eyes as you closed the door behind you. Laura looked at you with work when you finally made it outside. "Didn't take it well?" She asked as wrapped an arm around you're waist, giving you a side hug. "No, but I don't care anymore." You mumbled as the two of you started walking. "Where too first?" She gave you a kind smile and you hummed.

"Let's go to the mall, I need to look for some new outfits." You shrugged as the two of you waited at the nearest bus stop. "Oooo, I can dress you up right?" Laura laughed as she gave you a small nudge. "Haha sure, but only if I do the same for you."

The both of you talked all the way to the mall, it felt great to at least have someone to talk to. But every now and then the side eyes and hushed comments about you made you want to crawl under your own gorgeous red skin.

"Y/N... we can leave if you'd like..." Laura took your hand in hers and rubbed her thumb along your palm. "It's fine, I should've guessed it would be like this." Laura wrapped her arms around you, giving you a warm hug. "You shouldn't have to expect this kind of treatment. No matter how much we claim to advance there's still people letting this mindset fill their heads with crap." Laura spat.

Her warm brown skin was an indicator that she too felt the pain you felt when you were put in a box for your heritage. "Let's pay and head back to my place, we can have loads of food." Laura and you chuckled as you finally separated from each other and made your way to the cash registers.

The bus ride home was a quite one, even as you and Laura approached her home the two of you were silent. The slow creek of the house door opening alerted Laura's mother. "Laura? Por que no me dijiste que ibas a salir?" Her mother questioned as she appeared from the kitchen holding a wooden spoon. "Sorry ma, luego te digo qué pasó. Vamos a ir a my cuarto." Laura dragged you past the kitchen and down the hallway. Her mother gave you a glance before offering you a kind smile.

"Mija, quiero hablar con tu amiga." Laura stopped and stood still for a moment. "She wants to talk with me?" You asked as you looked at both of them. "Yeah, she's very nice though so I think you'll be fine. You know where my room is."

You walked closer to the woman and sat on one of the chairs that was pulled out. "How are you feeling?" She asked in her thick accent. "I'm alright I suppose..." You mumbled as you felt an awkward tensions roll in. "I know its hard, standing up for what you believe in. Ive done a lot of that. Back home I was the loudest one in every rally I was a part of, and it took a lot of bravery. I know you are trying to be a brave and strong young girl, but my daughter has told me a lot about your situation. You need to be with people who trust, love, and support you... Ive seen and heard some of the things your dad says in school meetings and all that... I don't really think he's supporting you as you should be Mija."

You nodded as your throat trembled and eyes watered. "No llores, You know my daughter is always here for you. And if you ever feel the need to come to this house you come. The doors to this home are always open for you." You smiled as she pulled you in for a hug. "Thank you so much..." Your sniffles where mumbled as your face was buried in her shoulder. Pulling away and cleaning yourself up, she sent you on your way towards Lauras room.

Something in the back of your head clicked and you realized just exactly where you needed to be.