Inferno Pt. 3

Suddenly a familiar voice comes over the comms. "Colonel Sheppard, this is the Daedalus."

"Go ahead." We get nothing but static back. "Signal's having trouble breaking through. We're gonna have to boost it. Can either of you get communication online?" 

McKay nods. "I'm on it." He gets straight to work with Norina observing his every move, much like a diligent student. "Righ try it now."

"Yes, sir we're here. Where are you?" 

"We've just arrived in orbit above Taranis. Where are you? We've scanned the bases and found no life signs." Caldwell responds. 

"Oh this area must be shielded," I observe. 

"I hear you could use some assistance?" 

"Well, the Stargate on this planet's been swallowed by lava and we're in a volcano that could erupt any second, so yeah, we could use a little help."

Ronon leans over and whispers "A supervolcano."

I snicker "You spend too much time with me." 

"Get yourselves out into the open where we can get a lock on you." 

"Well, sir, we promised to help these people. We're gonna need the Daedalus to evac um back to Atlantis." Sheppard corrects.

"From the number of people that we're detecting, that's at least four trips." 

"But the Daedalus is quite large. Surely you could fit more..."

Caldwell interrupts her, "This is a spaceship, which means that our life support resources are finite. Four trips would already stretch those resources to the limit." 

John turns to me. "Do we have enough time for that?" 

"To be frank, there is no exact way to know for sure, but it'll be a close call." 

"All the tremors have stopped." Ronon points out.

"For the moment." Teyla counters. 

Sheppard responds to the other Colonel. "Alright, Beckett's on his way back to the settlement to treat the wounded. Teyla and Ronon can join him, organize people into groups that can be beamed aboard. In the meantime, McKay, O'Neill, and I are gonna stay here and continue our work on Plan B." 

"No-no-no-no! We need to get out of here."

We all ignore Rodney's protests. "We've found a sister ship to the Aurora... called the..Orion!" John smirks at his name while the Rodney and I groan. "McKay and O'Neill are trying to get the sublight drive online." 

"Really? Well a ship that large, you should be able to get everyone else out in one trip." 

"Yeah, well, whether or not we live or die is all up to Rodney, and Alison."

"This is so unfair!" The scientist scoffs, while Norina and I follow him. 

_______________________________________________

After a while of us running around fixing things and another large tremor, I decide to check in on Ronon and Teyla, especially since I'm at wits end with the two boys and their pissing contest. 

When I walk out I see that Ronon is having quite the argument with a man. "Hey, whats wrong here?" 

"This is Vonos." He starts. "He's from another settlement." 

"Hello there." Beckett greets as he too joins the little circle we've created.

"How long before the Daedalus returns?"