Allies Episode 1 Pt. 1

Things are tense as we are just under 2 hours before the Wraith cruiser reaches Atlantis, as we work on the Orion. Weir calls into us. "Colonel Sheppard, how goes it on your end?" 

"Well we're out of sensor range and all that, but whether or not we're ready to fight is a whole other story." 

"Getting this ship up and running in under a month is a miracle." Rodney comments.

"Do we start the beatification now or later?"

"Rodney, Allison, if the hive opens upon us, I want Orion's drones." 

"Which means we're gonna need the hyperdrive to get in position," John adds, sitting in the captain's chair. 

"Which means we'll need shields, which means you want everything!" 

"I like everything! Can we do it or not?" 

Rod turns to me. "Shields?"

"I got shields, jumping into position, that's a maybe, and uh..." 

"Drones?" The Colonel asks the both of us as we look at our tablets. 

"Probably not." We say in sync. 

"Well, it's pointless to get in position if we can't fire." 

This of course angers McKay. "Y'know, let's talk about it for a long time, that'll help for sure."

"Rodney's doing everything inhumanly possible to be ready," John says into the radio.

"And team!" I yell out causing John to chuckle.

"And the team." 

Shortly, the Hive ship comes out of hyperspace and goes into orbit above Atlantis. 

"You could be a little more chatty, Elizabeth." John comments.

"I'm sorry, we're just waiting for them to make the next move."

That's when we hear that they are sending an audio signal. "We mean you no harm. Please respond.

"John, are you hearing this?" 

It repeats before the colonel can respond. "We mean you no harm. There is no point in hiding, Doctor Weir. We know you are there. We mean you no harm. Please respond." 

"Is that who I think it is?" Sheppard asks no one in particular.

"He's addressing me by name." Elizabeth answers back, "I think we can assume it's Michael." 

Caldwell jumps into the conversation once again. "You don't intend to respond?"

"Why not?" Weir shoots back.

"Where do you want me to start." 

"I think we can safely say our cover is blown." 

"I wouldn't jump to that conclusion."

"The message is from Michael, Colonel."

"They know we're here." Ronon agrees. 

"But they don't know exactly where we are." 

Sheppard jumps in as well, "He's right. Answer them and we guarantee the first shot won't miss."

"Teyla?" 

"Any attempt on my part to connect with Michael will confirm our location as surely as if you answer by radio." She answers. 

"If you plan on answering," I start, "open a secure channel to the hive using the Daedalus. That way they won't be able to find Atlantis."

"And we can always turn the shield on," Weir adds.

Then Sheppard. "I believe we have enough combined firepower to take out a single hive if we need to." 

_________________________________________________

Not too long after figuring out a plan, Rodney, Zelenka, and I  work to make a relay to go through the Daedalus. And now we're ready.

"Open the channel." Shortly after we hear, "Hello, Michael." 

"Why the long delay?" 

"We needed to take a few precautions before contacting you. I'm sure you understand why."

"I said we would not harm you."

"Well, excuse me for not taking you at your word. You wanted to talk, we're listening. Go ahead." 

"Over two years ago, every hive ship in this galaxy emerged from hibernation prematurely. We thought a new rich feeding ground had been discovered." 

"Earth." 

"Unfortunately, locating your planet and uncovering an effective means of transportation to get there has proven quite difficult."

"Well, I can't say I'm sad to hear that."

"For the first time since the dawn of our race, there are too few of your kind to feed the waking Wraith. This has resulted in civil war. Hives are forming alliances. The strong are attacking the weak."

"Which are you?" 

"Our goals are not dissimilar, Doctor Weir." He answers and I can't help but notice he side-stepped the question. 

"You would like to eliminate the Wraith as a threat? I find that hard to believe." 

"We would like you to give us Doctor Beckett's retrovirus. If we were able to distribute it among the rival Wraith hives in sufficient quantity, this would both render them helpless and provide us with an alternative food source."

At that, all of us on the Orion share a look knowing the weight of what Michael just proposed.

"Those Wraiths would become humans!" Weir exclaims.

"On the surface, perhaps. As a sign of good faith, I am sending you our jamming codes. This program was established and distributed before the civil war broke out, so we assume all the hive ships are still using it. By figuring out how to bypass or disable this program, you would be able to beam your nuclear weapons aboard any of our ships whenever you so, please. We are willing to help you achieve this if you help us." 

"They're sending a data burst."

"Download it to a non-networked, firewalled computer."

"Yes, ma'am." 

"I'm sure you'll want to recall all the ships you have lying in wait for us and discuss this with you people. We will await your reply, but should you make an attempt to destroy us, we will alert every Wraith in this galaxy to the fact that Atlantis is still very much intact. I'm sure you wouldn't want that." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the call, we all meet in the conference room at Atlantis. 

"Well, I think it's safe to say that if they were going to attack us, they would have done it by now. They let the Daedalus land without incident."

"And you're sure they don't know about the Orion?" Weir turns to us.

"I ordered Lorne to park her just outside of sensor range."

Rodney looks up from his laptop. "This, this is incredible! I can't believe they actually sent this over so freely. I mean, if I can figure out how to break through this program, which is well, as you know, pretty likely, we could nuke any hive ship that we came across."