Instinct PT. 2

We stay the night as planned, and now that it is the morning, we begin to get ready for the "great hunt" as John and I dubbed it. 

Ronon and I are getting ready, making sure that all of our weapons are working.

"You want to practice your knife throwing skills real quick?" I ask.

He takes a moment. "Sure." 

"Here." I say putting the blade into his hand and then putting a full bottle of water on my head. "Stick it to the wall." I instruct.

"You're sure about this?" The Satedan asks unsure.

I chuckle. "I trust you... Mostly."

This causes him to have a rare laugh. He steady's himself lining up his shot, adjusting to make sure that I won't get wet when he throws the knife. After a minute he releases the dagger successfully causing the water bottle to be pinned to the wall.

"I am a great teacher!" I say. "Oh, and great job. But, next time don't take so long." I finish as I tap him on the chest and walk out of the hut that was the teams temporary base.

When my eyes adjust to the brightness, I see McKay talking to a little boy, and just know this could go bad so I hang back, but close enough that if someone starts yelling I can diffuse the situation. 

"My uncle says it'll come and take me if I don't do my chores." The boy tells the arrogant scientist. 

"He said that, huh? Well then, if we get rid of it, you've got nothing to worry about. You'll never have to do chores ever again." Rodney tells the kid, causing me to roll my eyes

"Really?" The kid asks his eyes shining with hope.

"Yes. Look, go away." 

McKay look at me, and I realize the whole team was watching with me, and we all are looking at him with disappointment.

"What?" Rod just asks, I just shake my head when Goran comes up to us.

"As far as we know, no one was taken last night, but it will strike, and soon."

Ronon loads his gun. "We'll kill it before that happens." 

"You must be great at parties." Sheppard tells the commonly angry man, making me laugh out loud. 

_________________________________

In the forest, McKay can't stop complaining about the sheer amount of ground we will have to cover to stop the Wraith.

"Be Patient. Ronon's been going up against the Wraith one on one for the last seven years. If anyone can track this thing, it's him." Sheppard reassures the Canadian.

"And exactly how is he going to do that, huh?" Rodney says, still upset.

Ronon speaks up from the front of the group. "It helps to have good hearing."

"Right." McKay states, knowing that Ronon could hear him. With that John slaps the Scientist on the back of the head. "Carry on." 

We continue to search, I walk with Ronon, trying to use my tracking training to use. Soon, Ronon puts his arms out. One to signal the ones behind us to stop, and the other to wrap around my waist to stop me from walking. 

The large man looks at me and points. "It's in there." As soon as he says that we see a Wraith run behind a tree. Ronon takes off, and I quickly start to catch up with him.

I hear Sheppard yell our names but we have to keep up with it. We stop when the Wraith runs into a dark cave. "It's in there." Ronon tells the others once they arrive with labored breaths, just I am finally catching my breath back.

"Was it Wraith?" John asks us.

"Yeah." We both answer.

"You see it?" McKay questions.

"No." 

"Well, how do you know?" The arrogant man asks irritated.

Teyla speaks up, vouching for us. "Ronon and Alison are correct. I can definitely sense it now."

We all walk into the cave with our flashlights on, when we see a female Wraith, and she seems young. 

"A female." The only other woman on the team observes out loud.

The girl runs, and we chase her until we reach a laboratory, and she goes into the arms of an old man and protects her.

"Get out of the way." Sheppard commands.

"No, please. Don't shoot. She's not what you think... she's my daughter." The old man, who I assume is a scientist tells us, causing my jaw to drop in shock. "She means you no harm." 

"She's a wraith." Ronon states angrily.

I grab his arm, so that he can hopefully calm down, and he looks at me and nods but I keep my hand there.

"Maybe so, but she's different. I swear to you."

"Let me guess - Wraith with a heart of gold?" Sheppard asks rhetorically.

"She doesn't feed. She's never taken a human life." 

"How is that possible?" Teyla asks just as confused as the rest of us.

"Please, lower your weapons, and I'll explain it to you."

______________________________________

Zaddick explains how he rescued her as a child, fed her normal food until she grew older and needed to feed, and tells us that Ellia, the wraith, can't be responsible. The somewhat scientist shows us a flask, that apparently stops her from needing to feed on peoples lives. 

With that Sheppard tells Weir, and Beckett about this miracle drug, and so Me, Ronon, and Sheppard, are escorting the Sottish man to the lab.

"We just got back with Beckett. Ronon and Ali are going to take him up to the cave. I'm going to check with the villagers." John tells Teyla over the radio.

"What are you going to tell them?" 

"He's working on that." I answer for him, and we split from John and continue on in a silent journey.

I stand by Ronon as Beckett starts working, and talking to Zaddick, when Ellia starts to offer us tea. I take some out of kindness, but Ronon denies her.

"Are you sure? It's very good." 

Trying to hold himself together he denies a second time. 

The Wraith girl nods, and walks away only to come back with biscuits, this time Ronon loses his cool. "Stay away from me!" He yells after slamming down the plate.

She screams with that chilling Wraith sound, making Ronon draw his weapon.

"Ronon!" I yell grabbing his arm, and rip his gun out of his hand. 

The girl runs out of the cave, and Zaddick follows her out.

"Teyla, Beckett can you give us a little time."