The Tower PT. 2

I'm back sorry!

______________________________________________

This constable then takes a whip and goes to use it on poor Eldred, so we all quickly raise our weapons.

"I don't think so." Sheppard states.

"Please, Colonel. It's my fault." 

This time I speak up for Eldred. "If you, for a singular moment, think that any of us are going to let you whip an innocent man... you're very, very wrong." 

Another voice joins the party. "Constable." John rounds to face the man while Ronon, Teyla, and I have his back while aiming at the guards. "You may stand down." 

They do as he says. "You are the strangers who requested an audience, are you not?"

"That's us," Sheppard confirms.

"My name is Otho. " He walks toward us and scans Teyla, "I have the honor to be Chamberlain to the Lord Protector." Then he scans Ronon, then myself. "And you would never be allowed in his presence so armed." Finally, he scans the colonel.

"Well, I guess we'll have to be on our way, then." 

The scanner beeps and he looks back up at the last man he had scanned. "I'm afraid it's too late for that." He then gestures towards John, "Take this one."

Ronon draws his sword and I grab my Escrima sticks, while Teyla raises her P-90. 

"Please, Colonel, don't resist," Eldred begs as he is pulled to his feet. "The Lord protector sees all."

Otho agrees. "He does, you know." But none of us move still ready to fight if necessary, "But I suppose you're going to need a demonstration. And here it comes."

Teyla and John turn in the direction of a whooshing sound, but Ronon and I keep our eyes on the guards. Then the sound gets closer until there's a large explosion. All of the villagers are screaming and crying while on their knees.

"Now, please, turn over your weapons. Some of the people here may not survive the next strike."

Pleadingly Eldred calls for the Colonel. So, John, has us lower our weapons and allow them to take them from us. 

I turn to Ronon and whisper. "I hate being weaponless when these people are clearly oppressed."

____________________________________________

Teyla is calling for Rod over the radio. "Rodney, come in."

"Go ahead." 

"We have a problem. They took Colonel Sheppard." She walks away out of hearing range. 

"This isn't good."

"When Rod gets back we'll figure out a plan." 

______________________________________________

We're all standing around where the drone hit and Ronon is trying to help by putting out the fire that is still burning 

"It was definitely a drone." Teyla states.

"Yeah. It's pretty good shooting, I mean if they intended to scare people and not actually kill anybody."

The colonel's voice comes in over the radio. "This is Sheppard. Anyone reading me?"

"Colonel! Are alright?" Teyla responds.

"I'm fine. Is McKay with you?" 

"I'm here."