Allies 1 Pt.3

After the queen fed on one of the test subjects Carson, Elizabeth, Rodney, John, and I meet with the queen and another Wraith. 

"There is another hive ship a single jump away from this system. They recently attempted to attack our ship. I would like to test the virus on them first."

The Scotsman speaks up first. "With all due respect madam, I don't think we're there yet. We've been working with your scientist here on an effective means of disseminating the virus as an aerosol gas..."

The queen interrupts. "And you have succeeded." 

"Transforming a single Wraith in a controlled environment and trying to infect an entire hive at once are completely two different things." 

"We plan on entering their hive under the pretense of negotiating our surrender. Part of the delegation will break away, planting small canisters of gas throughout the ship. We need only to create a system that will synchronize the release."

"Well, we can do that." Rodney starts noting how simple it would be, "Look, do we have the kind of volume we need?" He asks Carson. 

Beckett seems to look guilty and speaks softly. "Aye. Our lab has been churning it out since we struck a deal with our friends here." 

"Then we can do this." Weir observes, again seemingly questioning herself. 

"Well it's up to them." 

Weir again speaks up. "I would like our people to go along and observe."

"For what purpose?"

"Oh you know, the basics. Making sure you stick to the plan, and keep up your side of the bargain." I answer, knowing full well that the look I'm getting. 

"Very well."

"Good luck." Elizabeth sucks in a breath. "To us all." 

___________________________________________________

The test didn't go well, to put it lightly, the other hive attacked our allies before they even got the chance to test the delivery system, now Weir, Rodney, Sheppard and I are meeting the queen via video call.

"Our delegation was searched. They were killed immediately when your canisters were discovered. Our transport ship tried to escape but it was destroyed. You must devise a better delivery method."

"Or what?"

A pause. "Or we will disclose your location to the other Wraith."

"We kept our part of the bargain. We gave you the retrovirus." Lizzie fights back. 

"And it is useless without an effective delivery system." The queen shoots right back, 

"So we have to do everything?!" Sheppard exclaims.

She doesn't answer and she doesn't have to, the message is clear. So we all turn to Rodney. "Ok, ok! I will figure something out. But no more holding back. I wanna know everything there is to know about hive ships: schematics, power distribution, life support configurations, everything you've got." 

"Then you shall have it." 

Rodney share a look. "For real?" We say in sync.

"Receiving transmission." 

"Make sure it's secure." Weir orders.

"Yeah yeah, we're completely firewalled." Then he pushes the tech on his chair. "Let me see that." 

I stroll up next to him. "Holy shit, she actually sent it!"

"This is the motherlode!" Rod adds. 

"What is, exactly?"