Progeny Pt.3

"My head is killing me," Weir exclaims as we all try to recover from the probing.

"How'd we get back here?" Sheppard asks no one in particular. 

"What do you mean, back here?" Teyla responds.

"We broke out and got to the jumper and gated back to Atlantis." He looks at us. "At least I thought we did."

"That is not what I remember." 

"Yeah." I start, "They just left us here and when I started to get suspicious they tried to take me, we resisted but when you guys were being tortured, I... well, I chose to go with them." 

Teyla squeezed my shoulder. "You're a good friend." 

"I try." I laugh.

"The only thing I remember was being in a dark room, fighting hand-to-hand for hours," Ronon adds.

McKay turns. "They obviously created different scenarios for each of us during the mind probe... no doubt looking to gather information from our responses." 

The mood is bleak and being my father's (adopted) daughter, I gotta break the ice."Is it bad that I feel like if this was a jukebox musical we would break into that one Rihanna song?" 

Elizabeth chuckles. "Which one?"

"You know the one. SOS please someone help me. It's not healthy for me to feel this way. Y O U are making this hard? I can't take it, see it don't feel right." I belt it out, but once I'm done I just laugh, but when I turn to look at Ronon he's just sitting there with a dazed look on his face.

"While that was random but fun. I just had a horrible thought." Weir states.

"What if it is still happening?" Teyla agrees. 

"Yes." 

"Well, there's gotta be a way to know for sure." McKay walks to Sheppard and pushes the side of his head, and the Colonel retaliates in kind. "That doesn't really prove anything." 

"It's real, Doctor McKay." We all turn to see Niam with some guards. "Your minds are no longer being probed." 

"It's good to know it was just our minds." Sheppard quips dryly.

"Why?" I turn to him, "Why would you say that?" 

"Please, come with me." He leads us out, where there's a balcony and we can see the vast darkness of outer space looking back at us.

"We're in space," Weir observes.

"The Stardrive! You guys have more than enough to fly the city!" I exclaim,

"Yes, Major O'Neill. Watch now. We're about to open a hyperspace window." 

"Where are we going?" Teyla asks. 

"Atlantis. The probes of your minds uncovered the truth, that Atlantis had not been destroyed by the Wraith 10,000 years ago as we had believed. You only came to live there from your original home, a planet called Earth." 

"Why didn't you just dial the gate and send us through?" 

"We're not taking you to Atlantis. Our intention is to destroy it." 

"Why?"

"Retribution." 

"For what? The disagreement you once had. The Ancients no longer live there. We are the only inhabitants of that city." 

"There was no disagreement, Doctor Weir. Only betrayal. if you wish to know the truth of who we are, I will show you." Niam extends his hand to Weir. 

McKay reaches out for her in a warning. "Elizabeth?"