Irresistible PT.4

A/N: Please excuse the cursing in this chapter, but also want to warn you that there is to allude to SA in this chapter so please be careful. It's not an explicit thing but everyone takes care of their health. 

"I told you!" 

"To disable the DHD, I know. I'm sorry. I didn't, and Ali, we tried to find you to convince you not to, but no one could. But come on... Ronon and Teyla. I mean, they can handle themselves." 

"Really?" I roll my eyes. "What about Beckett? Hmm? Can he?" 

"Oh, he - now he can walk on his hands. Did you know that? Yeah, he was showing Lucius just before he left. You should've seen it. He was down on his hands, he had..." He goes to bend down to show us.

"McKay!" Sheppard grunts.

"Oh! We don't know for sure that there are even Wraith on the planet. You know, but we'll find out soon enough though, won't we?" 

"We sure will." 

The two grin at us, and I feel physically ill. 

"This is really bad, Colonel." 

He just nods as the comm in the Gate room activates. "Atlantis, this is Becket! We're coming in hot!" 

Everyone pours into the gate room, prepared, weapons fire rains in through the Stargate, as we all duck, trying to avoid getting shot. Of course, McKay and Elizabeth check in on Lucius. The three come in laughing like a bunch of idiots, while being shot at, carrying bags of what look like plants. Sheppard and I run to meet them. 

I make it to Ronon, and do a once-over to check for any wounds. "Are you okay?" I turn to everyone. "Anybody hurt?" 

"Yeah, it was a little rough, but we're good." 

"It was all terribly exciting," Carson adds beaming, and Ronon hugs his bag of whatever it is. 

"Well, I guess we can assume there are Wraith on that planet." John quips, glaring at Lucius. If looks could kill - if only, then he would be dead on the floor by now. 

"Yes. Many." Teyla laughs. 

"Now," Doctor Weir starts. "I don't want you two to overreact." 

"Overreact!" I start. "Please! That would be preferable to how I am feeling right now! I am beyond..." 

Sheppard picks up right after me, just as mad, fuming even. "Are you kidding? You send a team... led by Beckett... to a planet full of Wraith! How do you expect us to react?"

They all nod like it's nothing, but Lucius gets a weird look on his face, but before I can make a comment Weir speaks up again.

"Well, firstly, they volunteered." 

"And secondly..." Goes Beckett, "We got the herb!" 

Teyla, Ronon, and Beckett hold up their bags like it's the Super Bowl trophy, and everyone cheers and laughs. 

"Carson, I will tell people of the tale of your bravery for many years to come." 

"You will?" 

They hug. "Yes, I will." 

"You sent them to get an herb?" Asks Sheppard, clearly not having any of this madness either.

"We wanted to go." Teyla replies, like it's the most simple answer ever. 

I shake my head. "That is it!" 

I reach for the bag Beckett dropped but Teyla snatches it away and then Ronon aims his pistol straight at my head.