Allies 1 Part 2

"Including Michael's?" Weir asks after McKay's exclamation. 

"It'll probably take us a couple of tries," I answer back. 

"Long enough to tell the rest of the Wraith we're still around." John points out. 

"If they are really willing to let me run tests on their ship, I mean this a..." Rod pauses, searching for words. "It's an amazing opportunity, Elizabeth!" 

"An amazing opportunity." Weir quotes in a hushed tone.

"Well, think about it, this is essentially our idea. We created the retrovirus in order to do exactly what they're proposing we do. What's the down side? I mean, other than the fact that we'd be working the Wraith?" Sheppard agrees. 

Caldwell skeptical, "Isn't that enough?"

"It would mean at least something good came of our experiment with Michael." Beckett adds. 

"I'm not sure we have a choice. It appears they have kept our existence a secret, but if we do not help..." Teyla expertly points out a fact that can't be avoided. 

Weir agrees. "There is that. Carson, I know you've been working on the weaponization of the retrovirus. How close are you?" 

"We're close. It still needs work, but we're close." 

After the Doc's answer, the whole room turns to me and the big man beside me. "What?" We ask in sync.

"What do you think?"

Ronon looks at me, indicating that I go first. "I still don't like it, at all. One, I think we are still playing God, messing with living, while evil, still living people without their consent. Two, the Wraith, specifically Michael wants it, doesn't that indicate something is wrong here. Lastly, this seems all too easy, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop." I sigh. "But to be honest, we don't have a choice so why the hell should we listen to me, let's just... do it." 

Everyone is shocked by my admission but then Ronon nods. "Let's do it." 

"Really? Both of you!" Weir asks, surprised. 

"Sheppard said it himself, it's our idea." 

"Allison I understand. I just thought you if all people..." 

"Hey, if they want our help killing other Wraith, it's one kind of help I'm happy to provide." 

I nod, understanding where he's coming from.

"Okay. So, we're doing this." She looks around the room. "I'll accept the offer." 

As the meeting ends John runs to Teyla and Ronon and I walk in our own way.

"She looks pissed. I don't blame her though."

"Are you mad too?" 

I take a deep breath. "Yes and no. I feel like no matter what I said or how I feel there is nothing that will change their minds, and like I said we don't really have a choice in the matter. Give them the retrovirus or have every Wraith in th Galaxy come here and kill us. So, I guess I'm not mad I feel powerless. But also yes, in the sense that now that they decided to go against our advice we ended up in this mess." 

He just nods, still a man of few words. "Let's spar then, if you're feeling powerless, kicking my ass will help and maybe get us ready to fight the Wraith too."

I laugh. "As tempting as that sounds, I gotta prep with Rodney. I'm assuming there will be a lot to do, and you know him, he's not kind while working, so I'll be a buffer. But thank you, I'll see you soon." 

Then I run off missing the disappointed look he shoots my way. 

_________________________________________________

Rodney and I are both on the Daedalus looking at the Wraith data. 

"Huh, some pretty interesting stuff, eh? I think I've learned more about Wraith technology in the last hour than I have in the past two years." I nod in agreement, but then he turns to Hermiod. "Oh, come on, I understand you're an Asgard and everything but even you've gotta feel a bit of an adrenaline buzz."

"My body does not possess the adrenal gland that produces epinephrine in your system. And even if I did, I would not be as easily impressed." 

"I get it! I get! You think you're smarter than I am! Are you ready to go or not?"

"I have been for some time."

"Hermiod, Rodney, please, I didn't come so I can play referee. Be nice, you two are gonna give me a headache." Then I activate my radio. "This is Major O'Neill. Give us an open channel to the hive please?"

"You're live, go ahead." After that, I give the go-ahead to McKay.

He nervously clears his throat. "This is Doctor Rodney McKay aboard the Earth ship Daedalus. We would like...uh... with your permission, to begin attempting to beam an innocuous canister onto you ship while you are actively jamming. Uh, we're hoping through trial and error that we can, slowly disarm or uh, break the code. May we proceed?" 

We wait a moment. "You may begin, Doctor McKay."

"Ok! Thank you, thank you!" He then turns to me and Hermiod. "That was weird."

"Most definitely bizarre. But lets get going you two.' 

-________________________________________________________

Meanwhile in Atlantis Observation Room. 

Teyla and Ronon walk into the room where Micheal, under guard, spent his time while human. 

"Hello, Michael."

"It seemed right to come back here and to see you. Thank you for coming. You didn't have to bring him." 

"I insisted." The Satedan answers simply. 

"The last time I saw you, I really was going to feed on you, but it was not a matter of choice. It was...instinct." 

Teyla keeps a straight face. "That is what you have come here to say?"

"You have given me a very rare perspective among the Wraith. Few of us have ever come to know the humans we are going to feed on as anything more than a means to survive, and still, I would do what I had to do. But what you did to me..." 

"We did the same... to survive." 

"I thought you were trying to help me." Micheal points out the truth.

"What's your point?" Ronon steps  in. 

"We're not as different as you think."

This angers Teyla. "We are nothing like you. 

Michael laughs, sending a chill up the guard's spines.  "You are a lot more like us than you allow yourselves to believe."

"I will not argue with you, Michael. It is pointless." 

"If we are to make this alliance work, we must both overcome the instincts that define us." There's a pregnant pause, "we will not meet again."

"Goodbye." Teyla says and quickly leaves.

Ronon goes to follow her but once shes out of sight he turns and holds his blaster to Michael's head, but the Wraith doesn't flinch, and no guards dare get in between the two. 

"You're proving my point right now. Oh, every fiber in your body wants to kill me." Ronon knows he's right, but he's learned a lot in Atlantis and he doesn't want to put anyone in danger, and someone, in particular, hangs in the forefront of his mind. "Instinct is so hard to overcome, but what would happen to our alliance? Every Wraith ship in this galaxy would descend upon this city and destroy it. Is it worth it, Ronon? Is it worth her? You're little handler?"

"If it was up to me..." He growls. 

Michael shouts. "But isn't."

Ronon then presses the end of his blaster harder against the Wraith's head, then grins and walks away. 

________________________________________________________