Trinity PT. 6

After awhile of talking and the two's heavy drinking while me and Teyla restrain ourselves due to someone needing to be somewhat sober, we head back to where the two are staying for the night. 

"I'll put him to bed, then head back I have a feeling they're going to need me."

"Alright. Goodnight, Alison." Teyla says as she passes me Ronon.

I quickly lead him to the room. "I'm not tired. Why did we leave?" He whines like a five year old. 

"Because, you've had enough to drink for the two of us to be hammered." I explained.

He just nods "I believe you're right." 

He flops on the bed and I take his shoes off.

"Ali?" 

"Yeah, Ronon?"

"There are three hundred of my people." He says putting his hand on his face.

I nod and give him a kiss on his forehead "Yes, there is. Goodnight, I'll see you  at home." I walk out of the room and say goodbye to Teyla and head back to Atlantis only to be greeted by Zelanka.

"You need to convince Rodney not to continue with this project." 

"Why? What happened?" I ask very confused.

"Collins died when we tried turning it on. It almost overloaded and he was covered in burns.:

I was shocked but I had to think of something. "Radiation exposure, obviously an insane amount or something we haven't discovered to cause that much burns, but..."

"Yes Beckett said the same thing. But, the problem is Rodney doesn't want to give up or try something less risky he wants to keep going with it." Zelanka explains.

"Alright, I'll go talk to him. But, I have no gurantees that it will work or that we won't find something that might allow us to continue."

"That's fine. I just want you to talk to him and see what I'm seeing."

I walk into Rodney's lab only to see he's not there, so I go to the only person he would try to convince other than Elizabeth, Sheppard.

I make it to his quarters, and stand near Rod as he is talking in the doorway. I catch his spiel about the Scientist who worked through his dying from radiation poisoning from the Manhattan project.

"Harry K. Daghilan." I say, alerting them to presence. 

"Yes, and Hi." Rodney responds. "Now, have you considered what would've happened if they just shut the project down after that?" He continues.

"This is different." John states.

Rod just shakes his head "Is it? Collins death is a pointless waste of life unless something comes of this, and I'm not sure that I can... I think I know what happened."

"Let's hear it." Sheppard says.

"Can we come in?" Rodney asks.

The raven haired Colonel simply replies with "No." 

The head scientist just sighs. "The Ancients had it wrong. Our mistake was using their equations. Look, I just did the calculations again myself. I did them three times to be sure and I am positive the problem is in the automatic containment protocols."

"Okay, how are we fixing it?" I ask. 

"I'm proposing we adjust the field strength Manually."

"You saw how fast it spiked on you." Sheppard reminds Rodney.