Trinity PT. 2

After my quick little comment to Ronon, Rodney speaks up. "Hold on. I'm picking up faint energy readings, coming from there." He states, pointing at a large structure. "Well that explains how they would be able to put up such a good fight." He states after a short pause.

"How?" John asks.

Rodney answers, "Because they were Ancients."

We decide to land and take a look at this newly discovered Ancient facility, and we are searching looking for anything interesting. 

"Definitely Ancient design." McKay starts. "Their latest stuff, too. Their latest being ten thousand years old."

"It looks a lot like the labs we've found in Atlantis." I point out.

"So this was one of their outposts?" Ronon figures.

Teyla asks the next in the line of questions "Yet the ancestors made not mention of their presence here in their database. Why?" 

"Well, let's find out." John answers, "Can you power it up?" He asks McKay.

"Working on it." Rodney responds. 

"I'll help." I say, which results in a look from Rodney. "Or not." 

I begin to search with the rest of the team for anything interesting.

"I've got two bodies here." Sheppard calls out. 

"I've got three more over here. Whatever happened here, no one came back to claim the dead." 

"Can't tell if they were fed on by the Wraith." I state, as I'm inspecting the bodies. 

"That's nasty." Sheppard says to me.

"Yeah, something killed them." 

I miss what everyone was saying, until the lights come on.

"Hah. Sorry, I wasn't listening, but it just struck me that this is an Ancient outpost. Why would the Wraith leave it intact?" Rodney muses.

"That's a good question." Sheppard says as I get back to examining the body.

"What are you doing?" Teyla asks me.

"I'm looking for signs of feeding but I can't see any." 

"The bodies are so old, you won't be able to see anything. Right?" Sheppard asks.

"Don't doubt her, Ali was thinking about going for a medical degree, but she didn't but she worked with a lot of cadavers and can identify a lot of things in an old dead body. It came in handy with SG-1." 

"What, but you're so young." Sheppard questions. 

Before I can answer Rodney steps in again. "She's a full on genius, like Samantha Carter, and me level." 

"Why thank you, Rod." I say. 

"Yeah, whatever." He mumbles.

"And he's back." 

"That's why you could actually help him figure this place out." Ronon states.

"Mmhmm."