Down Time

"I know you guys can do better than this! Follow through with your punches." I order the poor souls who decided to train with me.

"Yes, Ma'am." 

They continue to spar with each other until everyone has been able to get someone to tap out at least three times. 

"Hey." I hear a voice come from behind me.

"Hey." I respond as I turn to see Ronon  behind me, as I suspected.

At first the Satedan stands and watches the battles of the men, and chuckles every once in awhile. "Why don't you fight them yourself?" He finally asks.

"I do, but sometimes it's hard to hold back. So, often I just demonstrate and plus winning against your opponent builds up confidence that you can win." I explain.

Ronon nods. "Where'd you learn that from?" 

"My family back on earth." I answer. "They always helped me to be confidant when I was honing my skills. Eventually, I was able to beat my Uncle Teal'c and that's when we decided I was ready to go out on missions by myself or without them." 

After the brief conversation ended Ronon stayed and helped me to train until the session was over. "Good job, you guys. Go and rest up."

"What are you doing right now?" I ask.

Ronon shrugs. "I don't know. But, Ali, aren't you always with McKay after your training sessions?" 

"Yeah, but me and Rodney aren't getting along that well right now." I answer. "After everything with the whole destroying a part of a solar system we've been fighting." 

The large man stays silent for a small portion, almost like he's contemplating something really important. "Let's eat."

"O-Okay." I stutter not expecting him to say that, and follow him out of the room.

We walk in silence until we make it to a certain doorway and he stops. "Ronon, what's wrong?" I ask, grabbing his arm.

He turns to me and looks down at me with this look in his eyes that makes me want to melt in his hands. "You need to talk to him." 

"What?" I squeak.

He closes his eyes for a moment. "I know what it's like to be angry with a person, and then lose them and wanting to just take it all away. You don't need that." He pauses, "Talk to him and when you have some downtime, come find me, and we can spar or something." After his short speech he opens the door to Rodney's lab and pushes me in, and walks away.

"Alison?" McKay asks surprised.

"Hey Rod." I take a deep breath. "We need to talk."