Two

CHAPTER TWO

THORIN OAKENSHIELD

●○●○●

"Who's here?", I whispered to Kili, who stood nearby. As everyone began to move to the door, he murmured, "You'll see." , I went over to My Uncle and stood next to him, following him around and standing over beside him. Gandalf opened the door, and in walked a dwarf that resembled Kili in appearance but was way less attractive, he was a bit older as well, and had more facial hair.

"Gandalf, I thought you said this place was easy to find, I lost my way....twice. wouldn't have found it at all if it had not been for that mark on the door", he said as he entered our home. "Mark, there is no mark on that door it was painted a week ago", uncle Bilbo exclaimed walking across the hall. "Hey I was the one who painted that, it took me so long.", I complained as Gandalf quickly shut the front door, "But there is on fact a mark on the door I put it there myself.", he continued.

"Bilbo and Allísa Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company, Thorin Oakenshield"

No way the King under the mountain, OMG!! I've read about his father and his ancestors in my books. He's much younger than I expected and to be honest he doesn't look much like I hoped. he looks mad when his face is resting and he smells of wet dog.

Thorin spoke, "So, this is the Hobbit and his neice", he says pointing to both of us, "Tell me master Baggins have you done any fighting?", he asked uncle, "What?", my uncle spoke, very confused. She shire was a very peaceful place no one would ever be seen fighting or getting into a war.

"Axe or sword...what's your weapon of choice?", he asked circling us both. My uncle rambled on, "well I do have a skill at conkers if you must know, but I would fail to see why that's relevant", I buried my head in my hands, "thought as much he looks more like a grocer than a burglar.", Thorin said as the company laughed with him, he turned to look at me, "And you My Lady which would you choose?", he asked me as I took my hands away from my face.

"In my opinion swords because the axe is very heavy to carry around but is easy to chop things up. But if you were to ask me between a sword and a bow, I would simply not be able to choose because they both have equal pros and cons", I say, once I had stopped talking all most all of the company was staring at me with their mouths wide open in shock and surprise whilst some were smirking and the others had innocent smiles.

"How on earth did you know that?" Balin asked "Well I may or may not have made my own weapons and practice with them", I spoke fast whilst laughing nervously at the end. They all stood in shock, probably because they weren't used to having a female with fighting experiences around.

After a while we all ended up sitting down around the table, well except for Bilbo who was stood against the doorframe. I sat in between Kili and Fili, "What news from the meeting in Erod Luin? Did they sall come", Balin asked, "Aye Envoys from all 7 Kingdoms"

Dwalin spoke "What did the dwarfs of the iron Hill say is staying with us?", he asked all their eyes turned to Thorin.

He took a deep breath before saying, "They will not come" groaning was heard from the company members "They said the quest as ours and ours alone.", he finished taking a drink.

"You're going on a quest?", I asked curiously. "Uhm Bilbo my dear fellow. Let us have a little more light.", Gandalf said and continued while setting a map on the table, "Far to the East over rangers and Rivers beyond Woodland and Wasteland, lies a single solitary peak", Gandalf says, Bilbo comes with a candle and holds it above the map slowly reading out, "The Lonely Mountain"