Forty-Eight

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

'ALWAYS AND FOREVER LOVE YOU'

●○●○●

I was falling for ages; I didn't know for how long, but it seemed like forever, I wasn't even screaming, but my body definitely was. I wondered what it felt like to do, I always thought it was some weird things were people would be reincarnated as a rabbit or something. I wondered if my way to die was shattering into a splat as I fell from a significant height.

I opened my arms and then closed my eyes, putting one last image, one las happy memory before I let my mind go completely blank.

'You cannot be her. She is far away. she, she is far. Far away from me. she walks in starlight in another world it was just a dreams', he spoke in my mind.

I was finally going to accept my fate. My fate was to die. I was ready to be at peace with myself.

At last, I made impact...but it wasn't from the ground. It felt like someone had tackled me to the side in mid-air, sending both of us spinning widely out of control. Their arms tightened around my waist before we landed with such force that all the air was stolen from my chest again.

I stayed laying down, coughing, and wheezing in an attempt to get some air into my lungs. After a few deep breaths in, I looked around, I was sitting on a stone bridge, with a tall blonde elf standing above me.

"You...", I breathed in trying to catch my breath, "You saved my life.", he lifted his head up to look at me, "Why?", I asked him, as he rubbed his chest. "Because you were falling.", he spoke simply.

"But I betrayed your father and escaped with your prisoners. I was going to go to war with your men. I didn't take you offer to stay. Why would you... save me when you could just let me die?", I asked in more detail.

"I couldn't stand there and watch you fall to your death. You have more of effect on people than you know. A few things that you have done can't affect how people feel truly.", he stated, starting to turn away.

"I don't want your feelings, I don't need them. What I needed was to feel free and not have this horrible feeling in my stomach whenever I think of my family or my parents.", I confessed turning away from him. He sighed and said, "I'm sorry, I must go now. Goodbye Meleth Nin*(My Love) *", he sighed again before he took off in one direction and I began to run in the other. How far down had I fallen, I needed to get back to the top of the waterfall.

I made it off of the bridge and began scaling the stone steps. one crumbles beneath my feet and almost sent me plummeting, but I was quick enough to jump up the rest before the entire staircase collapsed.

I picked up my pace, and finally, slide back onto the ice. No matter how many times I was sent away, I just kept coming back. that had to be a little repetitive for people.

Just as I slipped onto the frozen river, eagles rushed over my head. the giant eagles, they were the same ones who had rescued us after escaping the goblins. I looked up in surprise and found myself grinning madly. Upon their backs were a few friendly faces, one of which was Beorn and the other was Radagast the brown.

I cast my attention to Thorin and Azog just in time to see Thorin stepped back and the pale Orc sliding helplessly into the water. He screamed, clawing at the ice, but is screams were drowned quickly, by the water that was consuming him. Thorin looked at me. a smile spreading across his face,

Thorin was looking down at the ice. He was stepping forward, towards the waterfall, slowly and calmly. I watched in confusing as he came to a halt and yelled out in pain.

"Thorin!", I screamed, searching quickly for a safe route over to him. I could see it now, the blade sticking up from his foot. He had been walking with Azog as he floated beneath the ice, and the Orc had decided he wanted one last blow before he goes. Thorin fell back, the ice shattered and Azog leapt up seeming unfazed. He snarled and brought down his blade, with Thorin intercepting with his own blade.

I cried out and started to run, not really caring enough to look for a safe route. I stepped over whatever, only stopping when my foot slipped, and my lower half was submerged in icy cold water. I hauled myself up, shivering, horrified when I saw that the tip of Azog's blade was merely inches from Thorin's hear I was panicking now. even the king's strength was no match for someone who was twice the size of him. I cried out again and leapt to the solid ice. as soon as my feet hit the ground, I began to run again... but it wasn't fast enough, Thorin's strength gave in and Azog's blade dove through his chest, impaling him deeply.

All of a sudden Thorin picked up his blade and shoved it into Azog's heart. And rolled both of them over before diving his blade even deeper into Azog piercing his sword through the ice underneath them, pinning the pale Orc to the thick ice.

I watched as the Orcs chest ceased to rise again. Thorin feel to his knees and tried to get to his feet. I could see the blood dripping onto the ice below. "Thorin, stay down, please.", I said crouching down next to him, "You've been hurt". His eyes drooped shut, but I quickly hook him back away, "Hey, hey, hey, don't do that, okay? Don't you dare say goodbye to me, Thorin Oakenshield, I will not have it."

"Stop", I shook my head, a tar falling from my eyes, "You're not going to die! I won't let you; I won't lose you too." A trail of blood was slipping from the corner of this mouth, and I knew what was coming, it had happened to Kili as well. I roughly shook my head.

Thorin lifted a hand and paced it on my shoulder, "I bid you, a very fond farewell.", I choked back a sob as he gave a light sigh and his eyes fluttered shut, by this time Bilbo was now by my side holding my shoulder, where Thorin had place it before, "No", I whispered, shaking his shoulder gently, "No, no, no, no!"

I lifted my face to the sky and screamed. Tear after tear fell, wetting my clothes and the ice beneath me.

Had I lost them all in one day?

I stood up slowly feeling utterly empty, walking over the ice and up the steps. seeing Tauriel on the way, "Until we meet again, Allisa", I nodded in return keeping my gaze on the path ahead, terrified of what I will find again.

Kili lay in front of me, with folded hands across his chest, over a bloody wound. My breath caught as I fell back against a stone wall behind me. I inhaled a sharp breath and took in his closed eyes and bow that laid by his side. Someone had made sure he was comfortable.

Slowly, I crawled towards him. when I reached his side, I had no tears left to shed. I had mourned both Fili and Thorin with a million, but no amount of tears would never be enough to express how this felt all over again.

I laced his fingers in mine, hoping for consolation, but felt something small and cold in his hand. I untangled our hands and found that Kili had been holding his talisman from back in the cell. It had written on it in dwarfish 'innikh de', which means 'Return to me'.

I rubbed my finger over it, smiling to myself slightly before I caught my finger on the back. I turned it over wondering what it was that I caught my finger on, as I did, it read, 'always and forever love you, K', it had engrave on it messily.

I leaned down slowly, resting my head on his chest, one last time.

I had lost them all in one day, one...by... one, but I knew that I would always have a place in my heart for them.

Always and forever.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

So this is the end of the book, I hoped you enjoyed it.

I just wanted to say how fun it was to write this.

After a year I've finally completed the book, there will be a sequel to it, which is a legolas fan fiction in the Lord of the rings trilogy.

If you enjoyed this and is also a legilas fan I would recommend reading that book as well.

Bye... :)