Forty-Two

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

WAR STARTING BETWEEN DWARVES, ELVES AND MEN

●○●○●

"What payment?", Thorin questioned rudely, almost as if he was oblivious to the fact, he swore an oath. "I gave you nothing, you have nothing", Thorin stated with every bit of bitterness he had stored in his heart. Bard then began to shuffle into his coat before pulling out none other than the Arkenstone, itself. My breath instantly caught, my hands began to shake, my heart began pumping faster and faster as I tried my best to stay calm.

"We have this," Bard stated as I watched the faces of the Elves, the elven king, Bard, and even Gandalf himself seeing uttermost confusion.

"They have the Arkenstone", Kili breathed out. "Thieves!", he said. "How come you by the heirloom of your house. That stone belongs to the king" Kili yelled in genuine frustration, but the look planted upon Thorin's face was nothing more than pure hatred and anger towards the men and Elves below the mountain, they stood in troops men in a circle with Elves surrounding every inch of them, gandalf, thranduil and Bard at the front of the army.

"The king may have it, with our good will", Bard announced. I hoped that Thorin was in his right mind to agree on these terms. I watched as Bard placed the Arkenstone back into the crook of his coat. "But first he must honour his word ", I looked to Thorin for any acknowledgement of the compromise that was being asked of.

"They are taking us for fools", Thorin Oakenshield exhaled. "This is a ruse, and a filthy lie", he spat in anger through gritted teeth as I closed my eyes with my brows frowned, I hung my head low and shook it slowly. "The Arkenstone if in the Mountain, it is a trick", Thorin yelled, exchanging glances between the Dwarves and I. "this is nothing more than trickery against a foe".

I exhaled a deep breath of hopelessness only in some way praying that Thorin would just see the truth and get his head screwed on the right way, instead of being annoying. My head slowly lifted, meeting the face of 'The Great King' Thorin. "you", he breathed out in anger, pointing at me. "I saw you by the wall last night", he shouted taking long strides towards me before gripping the material that was on my chest. "You gave it to them"

"Stop! Don't punish Allisa. I gave the Arkenstone to them", Bilbo stated. Thorin then let go of the material on my chest, turning on the balls of his feet before meeting eye contact with his newly made friend, Bilbo Baggins of Hobbiton.

"You?", Thorin questioned in uttermost genuine pain and hurt from what my uncles had taken, in Thorin's eyes my uncle had betrayed Thorin but in mine, he had save Thorin from the danger of the dragons curse. As long as that stone was away from the king, the dragon curse wouldn't get any stronger than it already is.

"I took it as my fourteenth share", Bilbo breathed out, swallow lung nervously, mentally knowing how treacherous thorn's mind now was. My hands curled into fists at my sides as I stood there, waiting for Thorin to strike at any moment in time, as anger started to rise in my body.

"You would steal from me?"

"Steal from you?", my uncle questioned in disbelief. "No, no. I may be a burglar, but I like to think I'm an honest one", he stated tilting his head to the side with a simple shrug of his shoulders. "I'm willing to let it stand against my claim"

"Against your claim?", Thorin questioned with mockery in the tone of his voice, a simple chuckle of disbelief escaping his chest. "Your claim", he breathed out dangerously low. "You have no claim over me, you miserable rat!", he shouted in anger taking a few steps closer to my uncle as I shuffled closer only to be held back by somebodies wrist wrapping around my own, I looked to see Kili giving me a 'don't', look. I turned my gaze back to Thorin and my uncle.