Thirty-Seven

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

KISS

●○●○●

I continue to ponder on the things Fili had said only moment ago, and I knew I needed to thank him in some way, form, or fashion. I stood to my feet, looking to the left of where he had gone in the distant, seeing the back of him walking away from my destination.

"Fili", I called out trying to catch up to him as he stopped, turned to me, and waited for me to catch up to him, "I-uh", I paused trying to catch my breath. "I just wanted to thank you", I smiled. "For everything you've ever done on my sake", I exhaled a small breath. "you've always been there for me, and I really owe you, more than you think", I sighed as Fili kept his gaze on me before breaking the awkward silence. "Any time, Allisa. Also my brother wants to speak to you at the gate, he's on duty.", I nodded turning away from Fili, "Okay, see you around Fili"

I walked the long halls towards the front gate, I stopped in my tracks to search for the black haired, young Dwarf, when I met his gaze at the top of the steps, I slowly climbed up trying not to fall off. When I was only two metres away from him his voice was low as he spoke, "hey", he said walking closer to me. "Fili said you wanted to see me", I said wondering what he could possibly want to talk about at this time of day.

"yes", he said looking down at his hands nervously. What could he be nervous about? "I was wondering if maybe- uh", he stuttered

"Can I talk for a moment", I butted in, making him stop in the sentence. "Why were you so cold to me at the riverside and while we were in the village, all I wanted to do was help you", I said, he stepped back "I was jealous", Kili spoke quietly still looking down at his hands.

"Jealous of what", I asked, as he snapped back. "I'm jealous of my brother okay, I've seen the way he looks at you it's the same way as I do"

What was he talking about, Fili didn't like me. I didn't even think that he would ever like me like that. Fili was just a friend.

"Your brother doesn't love me", I spoke before stepping a few steps towards him. Kili stepped forward again. "Are you sure about that, or are you just too blind by your dignity"

Dignity. Seriously. "You know what Kili, I have tried to do everything I can to help you, for you, I have tried so hard to be the perfect girl, for you. But I'm not anyone's favourite. I'm not anyone's first choice, I'm no one's first. But do you know what hurts more than that is you're talking to someone for days, having the best conversations and making your day great. Then they randomly ignore you and act like you don't even exist in the world anymore, like your just a random girl helping, YOUR uncle take back his home"

"i-im sorry", he stuttered trying to speak, but I didn't let him speak, instead I butted in once again.

"Remember when I was going to tell you something and then your brother interrupted me", he nodded slowly. "The thing I wanted to tell you", I paused, "was that...I love you", he stood there looking at me not really knowing what to say. "You know what just forget it, just forget I even said anything", I turned to walk away when I got stopped by Kili grabbing my arm. He pulled me round, moving his hands to my waist.

"I know how I feel. I am not afraid.", he breathed in taking my bruised hand in his soft ones. "You make me feel alive. I am in love with you, your smile, your voice, your body, your laugh, your eyes. I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or even the forth. But I remember the first moment I realised that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you"