Forty-Six

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

LOSING MY LOVE

●○●○●

Azog had quickly dropped Fili from his grasp, and after a brief fall, he hit the cold, hard ground beneath the Pale Orc with a heavy thud right in front of Kili. As I stepped back, exhaling a deep breath that was trapped deep in my chest, another tear fell from my discoloured face. I thought I was going to lose my balance, my mind instantly freezing as I stood there with shock, my hands shaking tremendously; everything in time stopped moving. I felt like I was the only person in Middle-Earth who was frozen still.

Kili looked down to his brother that laid lifelessly before him with anger flashing in his eyes, my heart was beating faster than usual, but my breaths were unevenly slow. Kili turned from his brothers’ body with pure hatred repelling from his figure as he bolted towards the next victim on his kill list.

“Kili!”, Thorin shouted after his nephew, knocking me out of the trance. Thorin then took on a run after Kili as I shook my head, running my hands through my hair in frustration before entering back into reality. I was sick, I was sick of all the evil, I was sick of all the death, I was sick of losing everyone around me. Anger was the only emotion that I had right now, as it boiled up inside my figure, any ounce of pain I felt physically was pushed aside.

I stood up straight, shifting my weight before I bolted up to the top of the stairs on Ravenhill, slicing a few of the Orcs that found their way into my path, their blood flying into different directions. No remorse or sympathy dwelled within the pit of my heart. I reached the top of Ravenhill, looking around for one person and one person only.

“KILI!”, I yelled at the top of my lungs, my throat scratching against itself as I frantically gazed upon the sight before me, hearing the sound of swords clashing against another. “KILI!” I shouted once again, climbing up into a separate section of the walls of stone that were built amongst each other.

“ALLISA!”, I heard my voice being hollered from the back of me as I turned quickly to where I heard the voice. When all of a sudden, I was pushed against the stone wall with full speed, the instant shock of pain against my limbs felt unbearable as I let out a loud scream again. I was then roughly grabbed the by my neck before being thrown against the stone staircase, my stomach collided roughly against the stone as I cried out in pain once again.

I was thrown on the floor, my head hit on the hard surface beneath me, I blinked, squinting my eyes from the sudden ringing in my ears as when I got up slowly, I looked to meet the face of Bolg with his sword in his hand hovering over me I tried my best to stand to my feet with all the strength left within me. Kili then jumped from behind to prevent Bolg from killing me pretty quickly when I took a deep breath and exhaled.

Next, I pulled an extra blade from the inside of my boot and pierced his thigh which was in front of my body. He shouted in pain. After that, Kili was hurled hard on the stairs on my left side. Bolg then pushed me hard against the floor, blowing all the wind from my lungs. I turned a few times and hit the stone wall next to my small figure.

Kiri then bounced off Borg, wrapping his strong arms around the Orcs throat with all his might, before the Orc pulled the dagger swiftly from his thigh and thrust it into Kili’s chest, as a single tear left his eye. “KILI!” I screamed out, my voice cracking with heart break as I struggled to stand to my feet, Bolg stared at me with a wide grin. “No,” I exhaled as he let go of the grasp he had behind Kili’s back. I pulled myself to my feet, anger was the feeling beyond the hatred and bitterness I have ever felt in my entire life. “NO!”, I screamed at the top of my lungs, I bent over and grabbing the sword of Kili that he had only dropped earlier in the fight, just as I lunged his sword into Bolg’s abdomens.

Bolg looked down to me in disbelief as he spit on my face and smiled at me, blood immediately dripped from the corner of his mouth. When he did his best to grab the back of my armour, his body began to lean from the edge he stood by as he tried his best to grip the back of my armour I reached out and grabbed the edge of the rock, felt the cold, rigid ground below me, and clung to the curve of the rock, that’s was just within arm’s reach of me.

I pulled myself up while pushing the physical pain that tormented me aside as I began crawling over to Kili’s body, his breaths were heavy, his back leaning on my legs as he coughed in pain, his mouth beginning to fill with blood. “Kili”, I breathed out kneeling beside him. “Yo-you’re going to be fine”, I breathed out trying my best to reassure me more than him really. “You’re going to be fine”, I repeated, holding back the threatening tears that tried to spill, when I pressed my hand against his wound, in an attempt to stop his blood from trickling out.

“A-Allisa”, he breathed out as he watched me try my best to prevent him from any more blood loss. “Allisa, please look at me”, he exhaled deeply, his voice becoming shaky. “It’s okay”, he coughed out, blood splashing out of his mouth.

“No, please, no, no”, I looked into his broke chocolate eyes and shook my head slowly. Tears were swiftly flowing from my eyes dripping onto my cheeks. I felt his scratched hand scooping my face and wiping tears away from my face. “No, no, don’t leave me, d-don’t…”, I breathed out denying that Kili was dying in my arms, slowly and painfully.

He coughed in pain and squinted his eyes shut. I shook my head slowly and exhaled deeply, as he groaned in the many pains he was facing. I slowly raised my head and tears dripping from my eyes. When I reached out and put my hand onto the side of his face, my heart broke.

“Kili…”, I leaned against his forehead and cried, and tears were still dripping on his cheeks. I know unfortunately that his time is over. “Please, please done leave me”, I cried out, my eyes shutting as I began to sob.  “Don’t go”, I exhaled, Kili stretched out his other hand and placed it on my right cheek, and my head rested gently with in his grasp. “Allisa, look at me”, he breathed out as I opened my eyes to meet him. I-I love you”, He exhaled, and my heart broke into millions before I pressed my lips against his. The cold, shimmering touch of his lips sent a painful quiver to my spine, the thought ran through my heart when I broke the generous kiss between us. “I love you too”.

“I won’t never ever stop…loving you”, He exhaled with pain and groaning from the wound, and my lips began to quiver as a sob escaped from my mouth.

“Kili?”, I exhaled, kept him closer to my body and shook him very gently, but there was no reaction from him. “Kili,”, I whispered, knowing that he was gone forever. Tears rolled down my cheeks and instantly fell from my face to his, pulling Kili to my chest as I began to rock him back and forth. I started sobbing out of control, my whole body trembled, and my broken heart ache my chest. “Nooo, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”, I breathed out in pain. “So sorry.”