Thirty-Four

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

'AM I NOT THE KING?!'

●○●○●

This has been my station for a good solid few days since we had arrived. I fiddled with the small pebbles that laid on the ground, as I sat on the floor with my back against one of the many pillars, humming and whistling tunes from the Shire. I threw some rocks down past the entry way before I looked up to the sky, seeing the clouds slowly flow past the sun that wasn’t shining as brightly today.

I slowly stood to my feet, prancing back and forth gracefully, watching the old Ruins of Dale from afar. I heard some shuffling of heavy feet coming towards me from behind as I turned my head to face Thorin.

“Everything clear?”, he questioned loudly as I nodded my head. He looked out into the vast lands that laid before us, turning, and gazing at my surroundings.

“Everything seems to be in order”, I stated nodding my head, placing my hands to my sides before his gaze fell upon my figure. He took a few steps towards me, looking down, his body hovering over mine as our gazes met. “I hope I am doing my task well at hand.”, I mumbled looking away from his gaze as he stepped a few more steps towards me, making my nerves spiral out of control uncomfortably.

“I may assign you to a more fit occupation”, Thorin spoke, his hot breath brushing against the tip of my nose, his body closer that it had been before. “If you are willing to acquire my offer”, he mumbled closely into my ear as I turned my face from his, feeling more uncomfortable that I ever felt before. I felt his hand brush against my forearm, causing chills to run down my spine.

“And what might that be?”, I questioned bluntly, shifting away slightly from Thorin only to make him step even closer this time.

“I think you know what I speak of.”, he stated, tilting his head to the side slightly, raising an eyebrow. I knew of which he granted, making my stomach turn uncomfortably. I felt his hand trac up my arm slowly and calmly, making me close my eyes slightly in fear. His hand reached up to my back of my neck before I pushed myself away from him.

“Thorin, don’t please.”, I paused stepping back away from the king that stood before me. “Stop.”, I exhaled. “Thorin stop please.”, he stepped closer, more firmly now before he pushed me against the stone wall harshly as fear began to rise up in me. He looked to me in such a disgusting and harmful way, knowing I had never seen him act in such a way. “Stop.”, I cried out trying to push his body away from mine, stopping his hands from touching areas that shouldn’t be touched when I didn’t want them to, and especially not by Thorin.

He pushed against my forceful moves, trying to bend down and place kisses into the crook of my neck, “Stop!”, I shouted trying to push his heavy body off of me, his grip securely tightened around the collar of my top. I tried pushing away as hard as I could, causing my top to rip, my shoulder now bare in the midst. I stepped back quickly away from Thorin placing my hands out in front of me.

“This isn’t you, Thorin. I know you.”, I groaned trying to step further away from him. “It’s this place.”, I breathed out as he stood firm in his stance. “Don’t you see what this treasure hoard has done to you?”, I questioned as he took a step closer to me causing me to take a step back from him once again.

“This isn’t the Thorin Oakenshield that I met at the shire. He would never do such a thing.”, I stated turning away from Thorin, scurrying away faster than I should’ve. My lips began to quiver slightly form the fear, holding in the terrible burning tears that wanted to be set free. Who knew that he was going to do to me.

So much has happened in such a small time, so much misery and grief upon another and another terrible thing. This place was in no doubt under a terrible curse, something that had changed Thorin almost instantly. I scurried towards the room that I had been staying before I exchanged my shirt to a more fit and all together top, that was suitable.

I exhaled a deep sigh, slowly sitting down at the edge of the bed which was in the centre of the room. I looked down in my hands, wondering why all this was happening. So much was going on all at one time, I felt stressed, worried, the images of all those dead innocent souls, which once pondered around the halls working, they tiny legs off, coming into my clouded mind.

I lifted my head from my hands, looking out into the long, deep, dark halls before me, through my open door. I stood to my feet inhaling a deep breath, collecting my  before deciding to take a walk through the vast halls with much design and beauty. I traced the Dwarf ruins on the walls, wondering what each word or phrase stood for, what it meant to the kingdom.

This Mountain truly was full of beauty, full of glamourous gold which only a small percentage of the great wealth that is in the Mountain now lies protected under the watchful eye of Thorin Oakenshield.

“-Yet it is still not found” I heard Thorin’s voice echo through the open walls, whipping my head around in the direction of which the sounds came from. I quicky scurried towards the voice, hearing other voices in the midst.

“Do you doubt?”, I heard Balin pause. “The loyalty of anyone here?”, Balin questioned as I turned the last corner, seeing Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, and my uncle standing there amongst each other. “The Arkenstone if the birth right of our people”, Balin continued.

“It is the Kings jewel.”,  Thorin stated as I crawled lower and closer to hear them more clearly. “AM I NOT THE KING!”. Thorin shouted in uttermost pure anger and void. Everyone looked to him, almost in disbelief on who he was becoming. “Know this.”, he paused looking to the men before him. “If anyone should find it and withhold it from me.”, he hissed slightly, tuning around and way from them. “I will be avenged.”, Thorin grumbled, walking away from the Dwarves and my uncle.

I looked down to my hands, confused on why he had been acting obsessive over the Arkenstone, and where on earth it could’ve been in this Mountain. But what is, what if someone found the Arkenstone themselves… I was determined to find out on my own.