Seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

LOST IN EMPTINESS

●○●○●

We had been walking through the forest for a good long while now, it was a little stuffy down the forest and deeper in, but I still was curious of anything we could possibly run into, especially danger. As I frowned, Thorin shouted to the other Dwarves, and as I overtook all the Dwarves, everyone turned to the left.

"The path turns this way.", Thorin spoke at the other Dwarves carried on. I looked to the path in front of us and then looked back at Thorin, as are eyes met. I frowned a little bit.

"Are you sure?", I asked looking back at the road ahead of us and then back to Thorin. He nodded,
"I'm sure of it", He spoke firmly, but I hesitated for a moment without moving. I felt something deep in my bones to keep going the way we were going, which was straight forward. We had to stay on this road.

"You think it's that way, huh?", Kili stood next to me to my right, and looked straight into the distance and said before his chocolate brown eyes met my figure.

"Something is telling me it's this way. I have a feeling something bad will happen if we gi that other way", I mumbled as Kili nodded, and turned to the road were Thorin was standing, waiting for Kiki and me to follow the other. "I hope you know what you are doing?", I stated as he looked to Kili scoffing at my remark.

We walked further before it started getting darker and darker. The forest, the air seemed turbid and thick. It's hard to breathe like this, it was like it was suffocating me. Nothing seemed right and everything was completely wrong in this place. Blurred vision and out of focus gave me a migraine almost immediately, as we turned away from the path we were on before.

"Air", I whispered as my head began to spin, feeling completely throwing me off, I held my throat trying to get my breathing back to normal, "I need air", I muttered as I grabbed the edge of the tree next to me to balance. I got caught in a branch that had fallen to the ground and lightly banged my head on the hard ground, as my eyesight got worse and worse by the minute.

"Allisa", Kili mittered just before he grabbed me by the waist and lifted me with my feet. He gave me my water flask from my lower waist, I poured some in my mouth and instantly felt better. When I blinked a few more times than usual, my eyesight improved almost instantly. Maybe I was just dehydrated a lot. I drank some more water, cautious of rationing.

"Keep moving", Thorin ordered everyone to push us all away, and when he stopped in chaos on the way, everyone around was afraid to get lost and leave forever.

"Nori? Why have you stopped?", Thorin asked, pushing some of us, including Kili and me. Thorin looked in front of him and quickly approached Nori who had just stopped in the middle of his tracks staring right in front of him.

"The path. Its disappeared!", Nori exclaimed as if his heart was overflowing with anger and fear. I exhaled deeply in anger trying to clear my vision completely, escaping Kili's grasp and pushing past some Dwarves to get to Thorin who was at the front of the crowd.

"we've lost the path", I passed looking at Thorin, "because you didn't listen to me", I sighed heavily. "Maybe if you take consideration in other thoughts or knowledge, stuff like this wouldn't happen", I raised my voice looking around the forest trying to find the right path.

"Find it", Thorin grumbled "all of you look", Thorin feeling a little guilty about what I said to him, shouted before pulling me aside.

"You're right", he stated avoiding eye contact. "I should have listened to you", he mumbled making eye contact "and for that I'm sorry", Even though I sounded rude before, his sympathy for apologizing calmed me down just a little bit.

"I'm sorry too", I paused for a short moment "I was rude and shouldn't have jumped at you the way I did", He nodded in thanks before I looked back to where we were. But suddenly, an idea came to mind. The sun, if we found the sun, maybe we could find-

"We've lost the sun", Dori shouted almost too quick for me to think he possibly read my mind telepathically. I looked to my uncle, he was transfixed above the trees, almost hoping we would see the sun. I followed him to the tree my uncle was about to climb, and the Dwarfs kept arguing.

"Enough", Thorin shouted as Bilbo and I began climbing the tree, "quite! All of you!" I looked down seeing the Dwarves all quieting down. "We are being watched", As I climbed a little higher to look around the forest, I heard Thorin whispering below both of us. Nothing was visible, I couldn't see shit. I looked up and climbed as fast as I could to see my uncle was already up at the top of the tree.

As soon as I reached the top, a fresh gust of wind blew through my face, and as I took a deep breath, my hair flew back in an instant. When my uncle did so, I took another deep breath of enjoyment.

"I can see a lake", My uncle called at me and opened my eyes to where he was pointing. There was a huge lake flowing through the area before it entered into a huge river that flowed alongside the Mountains next to the one and only famous. Lonely Mountain. "And a river"

"The Lonely Mountain", I stated with a huge smile panted on my face as we chuckled to ourselves in excitement and more or less relief. "Were almost there", I sighed in satisfaction as my uncle placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "We know what way to go", I shouted, but nothing. No response was heard from below whatsoever.

"Hello!", my Uncle shouted, exchanging glances before we both looked down from the tree, but something moved further down and caught our attention immediately.

"Hello?", I asked what was moving, it then moved closer and closer before it disappeared from my view. We both went down a little bit more towards the solid ground below, but climbed onto a strange web, not the tree. We lost our balance, and our legs crushed, before heading straight to the ground, but luckily, we both grabbed the branches hanging from the trees.

He sighed contentedly before the branches began to move, looked at the position we were in, and almost immediately a terrifying spider face popped out of the darkness, causing my uncle and I to scream. I fell from the tree before landing on the web below, and my uncle followed me. We are completely entangled in the web, afraid that spiders will crawl on us and begin to entangle us individually. The type of web that mad us almost instantly unconscious. That's exactly what happened. Everything went to complete darkness.