Six

CHAPTER SIX

RADAGAST THE BROWN

●○●○●

The rest of us found a cave we all thought belonged to the trolls to escape the sunlight, some of us watched from the outside to avoid the troll stench, and others went inside and looked around. "This place is a gold mine", one of the dwarfs walking behind me whispered. It is true that the floor was busy with coins and jewels that were inadvertently tossed in an endless hunger for tribute. Gandalf used his staff to dig up the treasure. He stopped and brushed aside the debris covering the object, revealing a sword coated with dust and cobwebs.

He handed it to Thorin, who unsheathed it quickly. It had the most beautiful marks and engravings, although it was dusty it still had it's sharp, shiny tint to it making the sword all the more better for war. "The blade is of elvish make", gandalf said, eyeing another sword for himself to use if needs be.

Thorin grunted and moved to discard the weapon back to its original place, "You will not find a better blade than these", gandalf said sharply. Thorin gave him a murderous look and fastened him new sword to his belt. I turned around, observing this exchange quietly and some dwarves had filled a small box like chest with gold and jewels and lowered it into the newly dug pit. "What the hell are you doing?", I asked quite confused.

"We're makin' a long-term deposit", Gloin growled and shovelled the dirt back into the ditch covering the chest. I giggled and looked around, grabbing my weapon. I took a rather light bow and a quiver arrows. They had strange markings I saw in one of my books. They looked like elven signs, old ones. I found a rather beautiful sword lying on the floor with a dagger in a piece like the one carved into the bow. i took a spear knife as well and put it in my shoe. The bow and quiver I had previously were removed and replaced with new ones before they were put on my back. I put a few coins in a small bag and attached to my horse.

Everyone else followed me while I looked around the forest. The trees around us began to rustle. My body tensed and my hand went straight to my sword griping it tightly. I immediately payed close attention. As we pulled out our weapons, the trees shock more, forming a line of dwarves destruction.

The tree line burst and out flew a small, peculiar looking little man with a brown hat on a sled being pulled by large rabbits,"Thieves!" He gasped, "Fire! Murder!"

Gandalf relaxed and chuckled. "Radagast! Radagast the brown! What are you doing in these parts"

"I was looking for you", said the wizard in a nervous but determined voice, "You....", I began, pointing to his hat and down the side of his face. "You've got bird poop...just there"

Radagast looked confused before reaching up to feel his hair, "Oh, oh dear wait, never mind that!"

"Radagast, what is it?"

"I was looking for you Gandalf", Radagast said, focused once again, his voice more panicked. "Somethings wrong somethings terribly wrong"

"Yes?", said Gandalf warily.

"The greenwood is sick, gandalf", Radagast said, climbing down from his sled. Gandalf lit a pipe as the rest of us busied ourselves gathering our gear. My curiosity got the best of me, and I made sure i could hear radagast and Gandalf. "As darkness has fallen over it", radagast cried with increasing urgency. "Nothing grows anymore. At least, nothing good. The air is foul with decay. But worse...are the webs", the brown wizard shuddered as I did the same. I wasn't scared of much, but I was definitely scared of spiders, they are big more than two times the size of me with eight, hairy legs. I shuddered at the thought of one of those terrible creatures.