Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

RIVENDELL

●○●○●

Kili and I silently walked along side each other. It's now no longer awkward, however comfortable. Our shoulder and arms from time to time brushed against eachother. He seemed happy just to be with me and walking beside me, "You're a good shot."

I shrugged as our arms brushed again, "You're better, though"

Kili grinned. "I've had a lot of practice before"

We talked quietly till the path opened to a wonderful sight. My breath stuck in my throat, my feet refusing to move from which they had been planted moments before.

"The Valley of Imladris", Gandalf said, "In the common tongue, it is known by another name."

"Rivendell", I whispered sighing in happiness that I was at birthplace, finally.

Gandalf smiled serenely, "Here lies the last homely east of the sea"

Gandalf sounded annoyed, "You have no enemies here, Thorin Oakenshield"

Thorin lowered his voice considerably, "You think the Elves will give our quest their blessing? They will try and stop us from going."

"Of course they will", said gandalf, "But we have questions that need to be answered. If we are to be successful, thus will need to be handled with tact. And respect. And no small degree of charm."

"Which basically means, Bofur keep your mouth shut", I called jokingly.

Thus raised a laugh, and a small chuckle form Gandalf. "Which is why you will leave the talking to Allísa and me."

"Why Allísa, I'm pretty too", Fili asked.

"Yes, but Allísa can talk elvish and has grace in what she does", Gandalf argued back.

We all stated to walk, "Close you mouth dear" Balin said, "You'll catch flies"

Bilbo had stopped in his tracks. My uncle Bilbo was looking around in complete awe. I came to a halt next to Kili and said, "I've always wanted to come here", he smiled at me, "When I was younger, I would always run off in search of Elves in the woods near the boarders of the shire. Now, here we are."

We all gathered in front of the steps, from which a dark haired elf was depending from, "Mithrandir"

"Ah", said the wizard, "Lindir"

"Stay sharp", I heard Thorin whisper to Dwalin.

Lindir wonder why we had been here, as he spoke in elvish which none of the opposite understood other than me and Gandalf.

"I must speak with Lord Elrond", Gandalf said back.

"My Lord Elrond is not here", Lindir told us in English.

"Not here?", asked Gandalf, "Where is he?"

The identical horns that had been heard earlier sounded behind us in the back of us. We became to peer a collection Elves on horses using closer to us. Thorin yelled in Dwarvish, and they pulled out their weapons, "Close ranks", he said

They shaped a circle, shoving Bilbo inner because the lives galloped up, using around us. I couldn't assist however respect there gracefully forms.

"Gandalf", says an elf, sitting on top of his high horse much larger than the dwarves.