Thirty-Three

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

ARKENSTONE

●○●○●

"Hello", Bofur exclaimed just as we entered the broken gates of Erebor. "Bombur?", Bofur shouted as we entered deeper into the Mountain. "Bifur?", he shouted again as we followed down a path of stairs throughout the halls. "Anybody!" bofur exclaimed as I looked around the halls frantically, holding side and ignoring the slight pain.

"Do you think they survived", I questioned, hoping, and praying my uncle above all else was safe. I mentally pleased for Bilbo to the safe and sound-

"wait", I heard his voice cry out, making me stop instantly in our tracks, hesitating to continue down the stairs. "wait", he shouted against, causing me to freeze in my tracks.

"it's Bilbo", bofur smiled just as my uncle turned around the corner. "he's alive", he exclaimed as my uncle rushed his way over quickly with far written upon his face.

"stop", he shouted, "Stop! stop", he stopped almost instantly. "You need to leave", he stated catching us off guard. "We all need to leave"

"But we only just got here", Fili stated as I took a step closer to my uncle in confusion.

"I tried talking to him", Bilbo exhaled a deep breath "But he won't listen", mu uncle finished as I wondered who on middle earth could possibly be talking about

"Wh-what do you mean, laddie-"

"Thorin", my uncle was cut off by Oin. "Thorin", he breathed out as I furrowed my eyebrows. "Thorin, he's been down there for days. He doesn't sleep, barely eats", he stated as my heart sunk to my chest, knowing exactly what was happening. "he's not been himself, not at tall. It's this- it's this place", he pointed to the roof. "I think sickened lies upon it"

"a sickness", Kili questioned glancing between Bilbo and me. "What kind of sickness", Kili wondered before my gaze feel to where he began to look in wonder. I noticed something shining, some form of movement down below, slowly pushing past my uncle.

"Allisa", bible asked before Kili, and I ran to whatever he saw. "Fili", my uncle yelled from behind us as we both ignored him, continuing on our paths before we stopped. We all stared down at the heaps of gold that lain before us, watching as it shined against the stone of the Mountain.

"gold", I heard a voice come from behind a pillar, watching Thorin step out with a long drape and fine clothes. "Gold beyond measure", we watched every movement he made. "Beyond sorrow and grieve", he finished as I watched him swat against the gold, caressing it like a newborn child. "behold", he paused. "The great treasure hoard of Thror". He turned his body, ready to throw some sort of object as a red gem flew from his grasp and into Fili's hands. "Welcome, my sisters sons" as I glance to Fili and Kili when Thorin smiled devilishly. "To the kingdom", he paused. "Of Erebor", he finished, his voice echoing through the kingdom as my stomach turned uneasily. I had suddenly felt an overpowering and over whelming sensation wash over, turning away from Thorin. He wasn't himself. That wasn't Thorin, not the Thorin I know.

****

"Balin", I shouted in excitement as we entered into the room full of Dwarves. They all turned to face us before exclaiming loudly in cheer, patting our backs with hugs to share all around. We all laughed from the overwhelming joys that had fulfilled the room, sharing hugs with each and every Dwarf in the room.

"you're alive", a few exclaimed before I looked at Dwalin. We hadn't exactly had our best moments together, but it was great to see his face again.

"ah", Dwalin exhaled, pausing slightly. "Allísa", he smiled "Glad you're okay, lassie!", he exclaimed as a smiled lifted from my face, joy for filling every inch of my body.

"it's good to be back", I exhaled getting a few gentler past on the shoulder before I placed my hand over my wound once again, placing pressure just in case.

"Are you alright, lass?", Balin questioned looking down to my wound as a smiled was shown brightly from my lips

"The knife didn't go too deep", I paused liking down. "The wound just reopened over some matter back in lake-town", I finished as he nodded his head with a smile. I was in fact sore all around, but I knew I could manage just fine in a few days.

"everyone". We all heard Thorin shout from the halls as we all whipped our heads towards the Dwarf king who stood before us. "Start looking for the Arkenstone", he state as we all glanced to each other for a moment. "now", he raised his voice, startling us slightly as we all started to walk past him.

Before I could continue, Thorin gripped my forearm, bending down to my right ear. "Not you", he stated as I caught a lance from Kili in confusion. "You will go and watch the front gate", he looked down to my eyes firmly. "Go and retire to you orders", he finished walking past me as I watched the king walk with the company. I frowned my eyebrows in confusion, wondering why he ordered me to do such a job.

I sighed in frustration, turning on the balls of my feet and heading to the gate as I fiddled with my fingers.