Twenty-Two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

STUBBORN DWARVES

●○●○●

We were at least in the middle of the lake by now on bards barge as we started navigating through the mist, after which we almost ran into a big boulder coming out of the water.

"Watch out", Bofur screamed in fear as bard moved gently around the boulder, dodging the dangerous boulders coming towards us.

"What are you trying to do?", Thorin paused. "Drown us", He asked, somewhat rudely, as I watched the cold, cold water from the side of the boat. It was clear, but it was foggy at the same time as we could not see more than a few meters below us.

"I was born and bred of these waters, master Dwarf", bard respectively stated, "if I wanted to drown you, I would not do it here", he stated as i smirked, feeling how cold and icy it is as I dip my hand in the water. It was basically refreshing

"Oh, I've had enough of this lippy lake-man", I heard Dwalin whisper close to me "I say we throw him over the side and be done with him", Dwalin growled as I rolled my eyes before looking to Dwalin.

"look", I paused. "If you wouldn't like to meet death and this, be the end of your journeys now", I exhaled. "I suggest you listen and obey his orders", I nodded towards bard as Dwalin crossed his arms over his chest in defeat.

"Oh, bard. His names bard", my uncle stated as I nodded my head.

"How do you know", Dwalin questioned looking at both me and my uncle.

"Uh, we asked him", We ended with a cynical smile, as if he had asked the most absurd question in the universe

"I don't care what he calls himself, I don't like him", Dwalin stated as I chuckled slightly, he's always in a mood, but once you get to know him, he's actually like a little teddy bear inside.

"You don't like anyone", I smiled as soon as my vision fell on Kili, who was sitting on the edge of the boat with his arms wrapped around his legs. I didn't want to disturb him, but I knew I had to check up on him sooner or later. His face turned pale every minute, and he trembled and trembled more and more as his body temperature rose.

I slowly walked over to kili and sat down next to him. A sorry smile crept across my lips, and my reassuring hand rested on his soft, friendly hand. He looked down at me from the wound, furrowing his eyebrows in pain. "How bad does it feel", I asked, he was looking at the cold water, lifting his hand from mine, rather harshly.

"I'm fine", He spoke bluntly, with no expression on his face.

"Well you're not fine Kili, you need help", I said as I looked at him in his eyes, our gazes transfixed upon each other. But his eyes were hollow and didn't have the light and energy they usually had in them.

"Why do you care about me so much", he asked. I paused for a moment trying to think about what to say.

'I care so much because I'm in love with you. I remember the day we first met, the way you looked at me that day, the smile, your little gestures, how you weren't the slightest shy, everything about you was beautiful, even when you did talk with a mouthful of food multiple times. No I can't say that he doesn't feel that way about me. He's way to out of my league.' I thought to myself knowing full well that I wouldn't be saying that soon.