Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

STORMY CAVES

●○●○●

Another giant stood up from behind us and was quickly hit by flying rock in the air. "Take cover, you fools!", Thorin yelled at Bofur, who was standing near the edge of the pass, watching in awe. Someone pulled him back to the wall as the leg which we stood on began to shift from under us, shaking our bodies side to side.

"Hold on!", Dwalin reared, we rose up, the ledge beginning to crack in half.

"What's happening?!", cried Kili.

"Grab my hand!", Fili said on the other side of Kili, trying to reach for his brother but failed unsuccessfully.

I ended up on the side with Fili, after he shoved me behind him, away from the edge. "Kili!", Fili screamed.

Kili was afraid to leave his brother like this. As the distance between us increased, I looked up and saw him standing at the foot of a stone giant. It pushed itself up, another creature slamming its head into it.

The giant stumbled. All I could do was scream and shout to Fili for help. He grabbed my hand and clasped it tightly, pressing us both back against the stone wall behind us.

The other dwarf on the right leg bumped into another rock. They ran from the leg, onto a sturdy rock which was not the foot of the giant. After they were safe my focus switched from them and onto the stone giants.

The giant left us behind and continued to fight. The head of our giant was completely blown away. He swung at the other one against and clashed with other members of the company.

Now that it was decapitated, our stone giant was dead, lifeless before us. We stood with our backs against the side and the stone wall went up. I screamed and squeezed Fili's hand tightly, my knuckles turning white as I dug my nails into his hands, causing him to groan slightly. We hit a wall and each of us was thrown into a different direction. We were now lying on a pile of stone floors, each of us groaning from the sudden pain.

We are lying on a pile of cold, wet stones on the floor. Thank Durin that we were still alive and not a pile of mushy flesh on the floor, we also get to live and fight another day.

"Nooo!", we heard Thorin's scream over the storm, "No."

Their voices were approaching but I couldn't help but just...laugh. Thorin looked up and saw Fili and me in all of the kindness of the world. Kili stepped forward and threw himself onto the rock, in which was placed next to my body, like it just appeared there.

"Don't you ever do that again", He shouted while everyone else got up and started to brush themselves off and act like nothing just happened and how wasn't a big deal at all being thrown from a stone giant.

"Nice to see you too", I grunted, sitting up.

Kili gathered me into his arms and said, "I thought you were dead"

"Hey, you can't get rid of me that easily"

He pulled me back, I looked up at him to see he was already looking at me. His shining, brown eyes, looking deep into my soul. Like he could read my thoughts, my deepest secrets in this exact moment.

Kili smiled at me. I want to kiss him now. His smile was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen in my life.

"Where's Bilbo? Where's the Hobbit?", Bofur yelled pulling me out of my Kili trance, I looked at the dwarf with a confused expression, that was until I looked around that Bilbo was no where to be seen.