Thirty-Nine

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

'YOU'RE FIGHTING?'

●○●○●

I opened my eyes and looked up to see a deserted farmland spread out near the ruins of Dale. I knew I had to look back, and I knew I had to get over everything that had tormented me over the years. But most of all... I had to free my mind from thoughts of love or compassion for someone. Those mindsets are all a thing of the past, and I knew when I grew up, I had to live the way I wanted to.

War was coming. I could feel it deep in my bones. I knew what was going to happen, and if I die on the battlefield like a respectful soldier, I will die for a proper cause. No matter what happens in life there is nothing more to live for or expect... I was ready.

The sun was just starting to rise and peaking over the hill, with several birds chirping in the centre, illuminating the hall wide. Curious, I looked down at my hand. Just think how many bad things can disturb such a beautiful and peaceful world. I turned and looked beyond this kingdom. As my eyes sense the way to the Armory. War, ruin, and... death were approaching us. We had to be ready for anything.

I ran quickly to the armoury, and I heard several voices and the sound of weapons clashing against each other. I steadily descended the stairs, feeling empty, my thoughts completely scattered, and my ears terribly empty. There seemed to be no emotion left. I'm done.

"Allisa", I heard a familiar voice on the right. "you're fighting", ori asked with confusion.

"Yes, ori", I paused with a smile. "I am fighting with you", I have a deep sigh and grabbed Armor from the wall. "I am fighting for you dwarves' sake and for my own sake, and I'm willing to die trying to save it", I said I placed my armour on table in front of me before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I slowly turned my head and saw ori's generous face with my sympathy.

"The courage in your heart is no more than the loving kindness you've shared throughout this venture", ori paused, I was astonished by his kind words, and my heart immediately sank into my stomach. "And I will do everything in my power to make sure you make it home safely, as you did with me", I placed my hand gently on his hand and held it comfortably.

"Thank you ori. Your generous words are more than I can bare", I smiled before returning to the Armor I was wearing as more dwarves began to enter the arsenal. It was adjusted to sit in a small body shape with Armor on the arms and chest. Then I turned to the weapons that hung proudly on their shelves and saw a few worried glances of the dwarves in the room.

I took my long sword from the stand, looked at it, and immediately realized that the sword I had chosen was mine for the battle at our feet. I knew whether I would die today, tomorrow, or within a few weeks. It had to be so. I was not afraid of death, and I was not afraid of dying. What I was really afraid of... was the fear itself and spiders. But who isn't afraid of spiders?

I hung a long sword and two daggers on my belt. In the stands I found a nice bow and arrow, put on my Armor, picked it up and put it on my back.