Forty-Four

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES

●○●○●

My breathing was steady, my hands were wrapped around my sword's grip, my footage was strong, my mind was focused on one thing and one thing only. I was here to fight, I was here to protect, I was here to stand with my king, and I was here to kill. The Dwarves stood by my side, armed and ready for the death we were about face, waiting for the Dwarf kings orders.

"Now!", Thorin shouted just as bombur blew the horn of Erebor, a loud trumpet was sounded from the Mountain as we all looked up to see the bright, golden, large bell swinging down to break the front gate before us. It crashed into the boulders as I threw my hand up to shield my eyes from any access stones that flew past us like sharp knives. We all exchanged glances once it cleared, gripping our swords tightly, looking ahead to the massive field full of war and dead bodies.

We all yelled out with a battle cry before running with our swords and armour to shield us, watching as Orcs began bolting towards us with evil repelling from their stench and the strong scent of blood. The Dwarves of din's armoury stood on the sides of us, waiting bolt out along with our king.

"To the king!", Dain shouted as the Dwarves of Dain began to shout in anger. "To the king!", He shouted once again as we sprinted towards the war before us,

"Du bekar" Thorin shouted as we cried out in anger, swinging our swords to the evil of the battlefield. I swung my sword fast and hard against the first Orc that found its way in front of my sword, slashing his head right off as the blood flew in multiple directions, partly flying upon my face.

Once again, I continued to swing my sword with Dwarves on both sides of my body, fighting against the Orcs that tormented us. Orcs find in their way towards me as I stabbed the next one directly in the stomach before I kicked an Orc with a lot of force before plunging my sword into his lower abdomen. I turned my body to the left of me just as an Orc slashed his axe against my sword, I beheaded it, killing it instantly killing the ugly piece of shit as I grunted in frustration.

I pulled my sword from the ugly Orc's back almost too quickly meeting the eyes of a smiling Dwarf before me. The thick stench of fresh Orc blood lingered in the air as I continued to kill off, he Orcs finding their way in my path. I turned my head before seeing a rather bulky Orc, maybe a leader of some kind, snaring down at me before I shifted my weight, readying myself for an epic battle. I twisted my sword, inhaling a deep breath before gripping the sword firmly in my grasp as the Orc tared a t me with a thirst for murder.

The Orc took a swing towards my stomach as I took a large step back before swinging my sword in his direction. Our swords clashed together forcefully as I let out a grunt in anger. He growled before I kicked his abdomen, causing him to stumble slightly before he swung his sword, cutting my left bicep as I cried out in pain. He then kicked me back with full force against my chest as I fell to the ground with a grunt of pain, the air being knocked forcefully from my lungs; my sword escaping my grasp.

The Orc managed to place his foot against my throat rather quickly with an evil snare lifted upon his grimacing face as I continuously tried to reach for my sword that laid just inches from my fingers. I grunted in aggravation, squinting my eyes shut in anger, the shimmer of hope leaving my mind as the Orc lifted his sword high in the sky readying to slash it right through me.

Within less than a second the Orc was pushed to the ground and stabbed directly in the heart by none other than Kili himself as I turned my body over, coughing and gasping desperately for air. Kili then helped me up as I gripped my sword in my hand, looking to him with a sight grin as blood continuously dripped down my arms, the pain now more noticeable.

"Come", he commanded as he jumped upon a ram from Dain himself, reaching his arm out for me to grasp to ride with him.

"We must ride to Ravenhill", he sated as I pulled myself up with the help of Kili before we began following Thorin, Fili, and Dwalin, slashing the Orcs to the sides of us.

"Lead on" Dwalin shouted as we continued to ride up a hill toward Ravenhill as I continued to slice the heads off of the hundreds of Orcs that laid before us.

"Where is he?", Fili questioned as we looked amongst the cold and almost too peaceful Mountain top. "It looks empty", he stated with no sign of any Orcs or living thing, or even Azog the defiler. "I think Azog has fled", I glanced to Fili, seeing his hot breath in the cold mist, knowing that was nothing but mere hope in his thoughts.

"I don't think so", Thorin breathed out, his breaths were heavy from the fighting and running, I've got to say even though they were trained killers, and were really fast runners, the armour we were carrying was very heavy and weighing us down, which made us slower. "Fili, take your brother", throwing paused. "Scout the towers", he exhaled. "Keep low and out of sight", he ordered. "If you see something report back, do not engage" he demanded. "Do you understand?", the king asked, getting a few nods from the two brothers as I looked to them with mere hope.

"Stay safe", I stated, placing a smile on my face before sighing heavily, I hugged Fili tightly before turning to the other brother. He stood before me, before we both leaned in, embracing each other in our arms. He pulled my head into the crook f his neck. I dig my head further into his neck as I hear the familiar cries.

I don't bother looking up to the others watching us, I just wanted to stay in this position for as long as I can. To just take in Kili's scent of home and keep it close.

Kili's cocoon slowly unravel from my body, I meet his gaze which is already locked on me, studying my face for any scratches or bruises.

"We have company", Dwalin called out and I whipped my head around to where Dwain's head was facing. "Goblin mercenaries", he stated, "no more ten a hundred"

"Well take care of them", Thorin stated, reassuring Kili and Fili. "go", he ordered as Fili and Kili turned on the balled of their feet. I turned my focus back to the goblins that were scrambling towards us.

"Goblins", I breathed out coking my head to the side with a smirk. "Once again they've chosen death", I chuckled slightly getting a slight grin from Thorin before we started slashing their heads off quickly, impaling them in the chest and stabbing where they hearts would be.

One by one they started disappearing before there was not one goblin left for us to kill. We all inhaled deep breath s of fresh air, sighing in satisfaction, turning, and checking for anything more. It was mor than quiet as we started gazing around for any possible sight of Azog.

"Where is that Orc filth?", Dwalin questioned, snaring at the thought of seeing Azon's face again. My stomach twisted, I looked down noticing the pain in my left bicep, seeing blood now draped down my arm.

"Thorin!", I heard a familiar voice call our, causing my head to whip into the direction of my uncles.