Forty-Three

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

'WE RIDE INTO BATTLE'

●○●○●

"We have to fight," I breathed out, my head low in shame, my fingers fiddling with one another, my eyes transfixed on the dirty ground beneath me, "We can't just sit back and do nothing", I exhaled calmly lifting my head up to meet the eye of the Dwarves. "We have to face the war, whether Thorin agrees-"

"Allisa," Fili cut my sentence off quickly, my head turning to face him in confusion to see his eyes focused on something ahead. I glanced between the rest of the dwarves to see their eyes on whatever it was ahead of us. I turned my head straight forward to see Thorin walking through the darkness of the mountain, a sword within his grip, heading directly towards us. I watched as Kili stood to his feet, taking a step closer to the king, Thorin's face was all full regret. How convenient.

"I will not hide," Kili paused as I slowly stood to my feet. "Behind a wall of stone, while others fight our battles for us," Kili shouted, his hands balled into fists in all seriousness. Thorin took a few steps closer to Kili with honour flashing before his eyes. "It is not in my blood, Thorin", Kili breathed out, exhaling a deep breath with sorrow in the tone of his voice.

"No, it is not.", throin breathed out looking to his nephew with a cheerful grin, "We are sons of Durin, and durian's folk do not flee from a fight", he exhaled deeply as they smiled to each other, resting their foreheads against each other's in honour, loyalty, and family bandage. thorin then turned, walking forwards the rest of us before his gaze fell upon me in hurt.

"You have every right to be angry", thorin paused, looking to me in such genuine hurt; softening my heart in understanding, "What have I done?", he paused. "What have I said?", he looked down in humbleness. "I have no right to ask of your forgiveness on my heart. I have no right to ask this of you", I looked at the Dwarf. "I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me", he paused. "One last time?", he questioned with hope in the midst of his heart, looking amongst the rest of the Dwarves before his gaze fell on me once again.

"I knew you'd come back," I breathed out with a smile lifting from my face, a few Dwarves with tears of happiness. Thorin looked to me with a kind smile planted upon his lips, sending me a nod of respect and gratitude as we all stood together in unison. "What is your command over us?", I questioned as a slight grin was lifted upon Thorin's face.

"We ride into battle..."