Chapter 4

"And he's thinking of you, like all of us do"

——

𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮

Marianne truly is a sight. I hate to admit it, but the men of the Cosa Nostra weren't lying. She's beautiful with a body and an ass that would make any man get on his knees and beg to have a piece. I only agreed to marry her because her father came to me and struck a deal. He wanted to start fresh, the rivalry he had with my father didn't need to continue with us, according to him. What my father did had nothing to do with me so, I agreed. Once I got here, I wanted something completely different. I wanted her.

Tonight both our families were gathering. I'm sure it'll only end one way. Blood everywhere. Men will be men. Someone will make a snarky comment, and then a fight will break out. I would have to keep these assholes in check so they don't do anything stupid. Xander will mostly keep to himself. As soon as I walked in, everyone went quiet, and my eyes landed on her. She sat at the bar, two girls with her.

Like she could feel me watching her, she turned and met my eyes. This time she seemed more relaxed than the last times we met. I guess she's been drinking. That annoyed me.

Marianne stepped down from her seat, starting towards me. I have mixed feelings about what she's wearing. A black sleeveless number with both her thighs on display. The top had a deep V which hugged her body while the rest of the material swayed as she walked. I took in everything, savoring it. From her perky breast that would fit perfectly in my hands down to her dainty waist. Wide hips, thick thighs, and legs that go on for miles. Did I mention she has a beautiful ass? Marianne's like a work of art, and I hate that I can't find a single flaw.

Putting all of that aside, I'm surprised she's talking to me. The last time we met, she didn't utter a single word. By her expressions, I could see she didn't want to marry me. Do I care? No, I don't. Every man had their head so far up her ass I wanted to see her for myself, and it so happened her father wanted to strike a deal. Why do I want her? Even I can't answer that.

The thing about the Cosa Nostra is everyone gossips. Marianne's name was always, without doubt, brought up in conversations. How her beauty was like no other, and her body's perfect, not a flaw in sight, also how she didn't talk much, that's true to a certain extent. It's all a facade, an act. She's simply giving them what they want, the perfect daughter, future wife. I got a different her when we were together, and I like that. That side of her I want to see more of, and I think I will tonight.

"Hi," she smiled at me, a genuine one.

"Hello, Marianne." I love how hard she tries to suppress a shudder every time I call her name. When I said it the first time her reaction did things to me, as she sat there in her sundress with those long legs on display. Acting like she didn't know I stood there watching her. The way her eyes glinted with excitement, her breathing quickened. I knew it affected her. She tried to hide it with a glare, but I could see it in her eyes. And every time we held eye contact for a long time, she would look away first. Tonight she didn't.

This newfound boost of confidence is because of the alcohol. Every time we meet, she's always drinking.

"I thought you would be happy to see me," she pouted. " but your expression turned sour."

Marianne turned to Gideon, who watched her with amusement in his eyes. Holding her hand out, he took it and brought it to his lips.

"Piacere di conoscerti, Marianne," his eyes roamed her body. "all of you." (Pleasure to meet you)

Why do I surround myself with this idiot?

The palm of my hand connected to the back of his head. He tripped forward, catching himself before he could fall. I didn't mean to hit him that hard.