Chapter 14

𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮

    I was not too fond of meetings. Everyone trying to speak at once, shouting for no reason, and dead bodies. Though the last one was all me. When one of these fuckers says something I don't like, I kill them.

I honestly wanted to be home. Funny, before I wanted to be anywhere but home because there was nothing there to do. Or no one was waiting for me when I arrived there. Sure, Christa would show up when she was cleaning and I would be there on some occasions.

Christa had nothing on Marianne, and when she told me I had to drop all of my flings, I didn't hesitate to agree because I knew exactly what I wanted. Her.

The second my eyes fell on her, it was like every other woman didn't matter. They weren't necessary. Marianne was something new and only I could get addicted to her.

Though I didn't think I would have to go this long without sex. My dick is constantly hard because of her. She simply has to bat her lashes my way and it will be hard in an instant.

"What about the Alessi's,"

I tuned back into the conversation once I heard that name. I sat with my head resting on the back of my palm, a bored expression probably on my face.

"We never went through with the original plan," he continued.

One thing about men is they will always be greedy. They'll always want more.

The original plan was to kill Julian Alessi. I had men on standby when I went to visit him, then I got a whiff of Marianne Alessi and forgot about the whole plan.

It would have been so easy to kill him and his sons. He's old, nearing death. I'm sure as we speak he's preparing his son to take over.

I've never wanted this life, but here I am. I am the eldest son and I had no choice in the matter. You could say this life chose me and not the other way around.

"I'm sure we can still go through with it. Julian has the most land out of all of us, and we may have access to it but we don't own it."

I sent him a glare.

The little shit was right. Julian owns the most land out of the Dons, but he isn't power-hungry. So he doesn't seek out more, he's just a man protecting his family. A man making allies with powerful men, such as myself.

He isn't a threat and he will never be. The whole kill him thing was my father's idea when he was still alive and these fuckers, that worked alongside him for years, wouldn't stop nagging me.

Slowly, I started killing them off because the way they did things wasn't to my liking. Old men are interested in trafficking young women and selling them off. They saw women as toys, there for their pleasure.

"And what'll make it even better we'll have some new play toys and you can't still keep your wife. Dario would have-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence. A bullet sat between his eyes.

"Anyone else wants to piss me off?" The room stayed quiet. I got up from my seat and headed toward the door. Gideon and Xander followed behind me. "Clean up this fucking mess."

——

   Finally, I'm home. I'm not sure if Marianne's friend, Violet, is still here. I couldn't care less, I just wanted to see my wife.

I entered through the front door instead of the back. Instantly I'm hit with the smell of lasagna and other food continents.

The song The Winner Takes It All is playing as Marianne cooks and dances in the kitchen.

I take in the sight before me, not knowing when I'll see her like this again.

She has her hair up in a messy bun and is wearing a T-shirt that's too big for her.

I slowly walk up to her, in the process rolling my sleeves up and undoing a few buttons.

When she finally turns towards me, I'm standing right behind her. A startled scream leaves her lips, her hand resting on her chest. I can't help the smile that forms on my lips. Luckily she doesn't see it.

"You scared me," she tapped me on my chest.

"I would say sorry, but I'm not."

"Asshole," she mutters.

Before she walks away I wrap my hand around her waist pulling her towards me. Burying my face in her neck, taking in her scent. Ever since I was a kid, I've always been possessive of things I like. And Marianne makes it hard. I'm a man but a beast at heart.

My life has taken a turn ever since I took her as mine, the house smells of lavender and not smoke, and whispers of music plays throughout the house. Her books, there are so many books. I'll have to install a bookshelf somewhere.

I thought I would hate marrying someone because everything at home would change, but I like it. They're parts of her and it makes the house seem more alive.

"What are you doing?" she whispered.

I placed a kiss against her racing pulse. I want to pick her apart and know what goes on in her head. Claim her as mine over and over again.

I may know the basic things about Marianne but I don't know her. And I'm not sure she'll let me see that side of her yet. But I'll wait, I'm a patient man and without her realizing, I'll have her revealing everything about herself and every emotion she feels.

"I missed you,"

She stills. Not expecting those words to come out of my mouth. I know how I feel towards her. The minute I laid eyes on her. I knew.

"I didn't think you were capable of feeling human emotions," I bit down on the sensitive skin. She yelped.

"This mouth of yours," I grab her jaw, adding a little pressure. "I can think of so many ways to put it to good use."

We held eye contact and in those beautiful eyes, all I saw was lust, and a little bit of fear. Good, she should fear me because I'm so close to losing all control.

"Do it,"

Marianne arches into me, her breast flushed against my chest. And once again, our lips are breaths away from touching. So close to taste, to devour.

Marianne's hand travels down my torso to my dick. Her small hand palmed me. I would get on my knees for this woman. She grabs me through my pants.

"Fuck," I hiss.

The hand that was gripping her jaw was now around her throat, not squeezing, just there, holding her.

Our eyes locked onto each other, as though we were afraid to look away and break the spell. A thread hung between us, pulling us closer and closer.

"Hey Marie,"

And just like that it pops.

——