Prologue

𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮

I stare off into the distance watching the scenery as my driver takes me towards the Alessi house. My father and Julian Alessi have been butting heads before I was even born.

The plan today, was to finish what my father started. End the Alessi bloodline. As much as I hate the man, I'll continue his work.

Kill Julian Alessi and take everything from him. I want this over and done so these men can get off my back about setting this plan in motion.

My father was a greedy man, he wanted what wasn't his. And Alessi had the most land of the dons in this area. I mean, it's more money in my pocket. Why should I complain.

He thinks I'm visiting him to bury the old hatchet, an alliance between the two families. That's what he wants, to start over.

I was on my way to kill him and take everything from him, even his precious daughter he plans to marry off. And no part of me feels sorry for him or his family, they're collateral damage. Caught in the crossfire.

I'm sure my men will want to keep the ladies, but the death would be better. Believe me, I'd be doing them a favor.

The Alessi house is big and obnoxious. I reload my gun before I leave the car and head toward the front door. You'd think he'd have me searched, seeing as we're not exactly friendly.

Stupid mistake.

I'm greeted by a maid by the door, who tells me Alessi will be down shortly. I might as well look around. It's quiet, a little too quiet. The foyer is big and spacious and before me is a staircase.

I head to the right and I'm not really paying attention, so I walk right into someone. I take hold of her to steady her and I'm met with the most beautiful brown eyes. Her soft brown hair tickles my fingertips.

Her lips part and she utters something but I don't catch it. I'm too focused on how soft and pink they look.

"Sir?" she tilts her head to the side and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"What?"

"I asked if you're okay?"

Oh, right. We bumped into each other. "I'm fine, are you?"

She nods and before she can say what she has to say next we're interrupted.

"Marianne,"

I look towards the interruption. Julian Alessi. And she's... I turn to those compelling eyes again. She's Marianne Alessi, the talk of the Cosa Nostra. Every single man falls at this woman's feet and I never understood why.

God, she's fucking beautiful. Fuck

"Oh, hello father."

He motions behind her and she tenses. Before leaving she takes one last look at me, drinking me in and God does it drive me crazy.

I watch as she walks up the stairs and I'm tempted to grab her and take her right there. The ass on that girl, Cazzo. (Fuck)

"Follow me, Russo."

I follow him towards his office and I don't even wait a second voicing what I want.

"I want her,"

Julian pauses behind his desk. He eyes me, then pours himself a drink, takes a sip then a seat at his desk.

"Excuse me?"

I roll my eyes. "Marianne, if we're doing an alliance, let's do it right. I'll marry Marianne and the past is the past. Whatever feud you had with my father is behind us."

He stops to think about it. I already know his answer. he'd be stupid not to agree. A war between us would mean losing everything he holds dear. And family means everything to this man.

Marianne Alessi is mine.