Chapter 22

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮

   He didn't stop me. I left and he didn't stop or chase after me

I've been home since Tuesday, after our little fight and it's Thursday night. My bachelorette is tomorrow, and the wedding is Saturday. And right now, I want to strangle my soon to be husband.

I can't believe I almost confessed. The words 'I love you' were so close to leaving my lips, but I couldn't bring myself to say them.

Dante can't even open up to me, he doesn't deserve my love. My love for him will be buried deep down until he can be honest with me.

Putting that aside, my family keeps giving me weird looks. They ask their questions, but I ignore them. I have nothing to say to them.

I don't want to revisit that day. Honestly I want the memory removed, if that was to happen I wouldn't have to bear the pain of rejection. Instead I would be blindly loving a man who doesn't love me and I know nothing of.

Blissfully ignorant. Which of the two is better.

"Do you think he brought another woman home?"
I hear Carmen ask.

"Nah, she would have removed his balls," Sophia replies.

"I would have helped," Antonio adds. "Actually no, I would have just killed him."

"He probably would have killed you before you even got to him." Christian says.

They've been doing this since I storm into the house with a bag of my stuff. Asking their insufferable questions. Speaking as though I'm not in the room with them.

"Maybe the sex was bad," My nana pipes in.

She got here yesterday for the wedding and like my siblings, loves to include herself in everyone's business. She's also very blunt and gives zero fucks about people's feelings. She'll tell you it as it is.

"Nana!" They all scream.

"What? I mean it could be possible. Maybe the ladies don't want to say so in fear he'll kill them if they snitch. He could have even started the rumor about him being a sex god." She continues.

"And our little Marie couldn't help herself and thought let's see if he lives up to the rumors and was very disappointed. So now she's returned home because she got something way less that what was put out there."

I turn my attention from the television behind me, where they are sat by the kitchen island. The kitchen is a few feet from the living area and the door separating the two is wide open. I send a glare at them.

Nana is completely oblivious to my glare; my siblings are not, and they don't dare say another word.

"I think it's a good thing they had premarital sex, she now knows what she has to live with for the rest of her life because God knows there's no way she'll get a divorce."

She sighs. "Maybe if she begs her papá, he'll get rid of the contract and marry her to someone else. Who knows this person might even be worse than Dante and she'll have horrible sex with them too. Miserable for the rest of her life. Even more than now."