Chapter 21

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮

A few minutes after Carmen and Christian leave. Dante arrives. The sight of him has my body heating up, my heart beating faster, my breathing uneven.

The air shifts. I'm not sure when Gideon got up and left, but I don't care.

He starts towards me, and I shift in my seat. Dante towers over me.

"I missed you," he whispers as he takes my chin, lifting my head so I'm looking him in his eyes.
"Did you miss me too?"

I nod. I missed him so much. Words can't explain how much I've missed this man. Even I can't seem to give myself an explanation. A few weeks ago, I hated him, or I wanted to. I hated the idea of being with him and now I- I... don't know.

"Use your words, Marianne,"

"Yes, I missed you,"

"I can't wait to finally taste your lips," he whispers before placing a kiss at the corner of my mouth.

A part of me wishes he would just ignore my request and take what he wants. Dante will make me beg for what I want.

"Our wedding day is soon here. But I don't think the kiss you want will be the kiss you'll get."

His lips move from my cheek down my neck, his hands wrapped around my waist as he lifts me off the couch and sits with me on top of him.

"I'll take what I can get,"

I tilted my head back, allowing him better access to my neck. His lips feel soft against my skin. My body's alive when he's nearby. Dante is the siren and I'm the pirate unable to ignore his song.

"So you're my wife, huh?" I can feel his smirk against my neck.

Of course Gideon told him about that. I simply said it without realizing, I was just heated. And it was an in the moment thing.

Not that I'll admit that to him.

"I have no idea what you mean." He bites down on my neck lightly and a mixture of a gasp and a laugh leaves my lips.

Whatever this man asks, I will gladly do.

He sucks, bites, nibbles and kisses at my neck. Is it wrong that him marking me is turning me on so fucking much?

My hands slide up his arms, relishing in the smooth, yet hard skin. I feel him shiver against me as I lightly scrape my nails against his skin. Involuntarily, my hips begin to rock against his clothed dick.

Dante's grip on me tightens, as he takes control of my movements. I'm not entirely sure what to focus on, his lips on my neck or the orgasm nearing.

Maybe, the fact that I want to feel him inside me again. The pain that I know I'll experience even though we had sex last night, but then it'll be worth it because of the pleasure that will follow.

"I want you," I moaned. "I need you inside of me right now," I pulled away so our eyes met.

As quickly as I can, I grab hold of his shirt buttons, trying my best to get them undone. Of course, I fumble a few times. Dante Takes hold of my wrists, stopping my actions. I'm thinking he'll do it himself, but he does nothing.