Chapter 7

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮

When I need to blow off some steam, I shop. So, that's why I'm in the foyer surrounded by bags. After this morning, I needed a shopping spree.

Mia's words played over and over in my head. Not like I didn't think much about the sex subject. I never thought about if he would have treated me differently. Now it's all I can think about.

I mean, what was I supposed to say after that? As much as I hate to say it, Mia's right. Dante and I haven't really - talked when it comes to our marriage. The truth is, I've been avoiding it all because I didn't want to believe it was happening, but as I said earlier, I've come to terms with the situation. So, the best thing is to talk to Dante about us and set some rules.

"Just let Xander handle it. He's the best shot out of all of you."

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Dante walked into the foyer, talking to someone on his phone. The bags that were in my hand I placed on the floor. He wore a black suit, his hair slightly unkempt as though he ran his fingers through them.

"Did some light shopping?" Dante asked. He was no longer on the phone.

"Sure," I replied, looking at the bags that surrounded my feet.

"It's actually great that you're here," I started. Honestly, I'm not sure how to go about this and how he will take it. Mainly the few rules I have in mind. "I wanted to talk to you about us. Since I don't have a choice about this marriage, I wanted to set some boundaries."

"Yeah?" he cocked a brow.

"Yeah,"

"Well, do continue." he stuffed his hands into his pocket. A simple act, but it did things to me.

"Your womanizing ways will come to an end. I know made men usually have mistresses, but that won't be needed. If you expect me to respect you, I expect the same." I waited to see if he had anything to say, silence. So, I continued.

"Also," I averted my gaze. "You can't kiss me."

"Excuse me?"

Kissing is too intimate. I think that if we do kiss, there is no way I can stop myself from falling for him. I originally wanted to say we couldn't have sex, but I knew he wouldn't like that.

Looking him in the eyes again, I repeated myself. "You can't kiss me. I don't care what else we do but no kissing."

He chuckled. Though, it held no ounce of humor.

"I can't kiss you, you say. So what about on our wedding day? We are marrying next week."

Is the end of the month already here? I felt like I only got the news two days ago. "Fine, only on that day. After that, no kissing."

Dante took a menacing step toward me. I took one back.

We were alone now. The foyer that was once filled with maids is now empty. He continued taking steps, and like a fool, I kept stepping back until I felt the cold wall touch my skin. Placing his hands above my head, he caged me in. I balled my hands into fists as I looked up at him. Why does he have to invade my personal space every time?

"Okay,"

"Okay?"

He hummed. "Under one condition," there it is. "You move in with me now."

My eyes widened. I'm sure I looked like a deer in headlights.

"What? Move-in with you? Is that necessary? As you said, the wedding is next week, and I'll live with you after that. So, do I need to move in with you now?"