Chapter 17

𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮

   Who knew I could be a gentleman? There's something about Marianne that makes me want to change. And I fucking hate it. I want to see her smile and be the reason she is smiling. I still hate how she makes me feel, but I'm coming to terms with these feelings.

I watch as she takes in the scenery. We're currently in Central Park. What was supposed to be a stroll turned into us going on a carousel and feeding squirrels. But Marianne was smiling so it was worth it.

We eventually ended up at the bookstore. The way Marianne's face lit up, fucking worth it.

"Aren't you going to be bored out of your mind?" She asks while admiring a book she picked up.

I simply shrugged. They're many ways I can keep myself occupied. "You can do whatever you want, you have the place to yourself for two hours." She purses her lips. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

"I wonder how much money you had to pay the owner,"

"One hundred thousand, honestly thought he would have given me a higher price."

Marianne simply rolled her eyes before deciding on a book. While she found a spot to read, I scrolled through my emails and did some work stuff.

I tried checking up on Xander since he's been acting weird. Tomorrow morning I had a meeting about a deal, and then the wedding was on Saturday.

I'm supposed to have a bachelor party but I'm not big on the idea. I would rather just stay home with Marianne but she's going to be attending her bachelorette. I try Xander again and get no response. A part of me doesn't wanna leave Marianne alone, but I don't trust her not to leave. She may be warming up to me now but who knows what she'll do if she's left alone.

A sigh leaves my lips as I drag my fingers through my hair. I hate to do this, but I have to leave her with Gideon.

The asshole will try his best to make me mad but he'll keep her safe. I sent Gideon a message letting him know about tomorrow.

Me: I need you to watch Marianne tomorrow.
Xander's MIA.

Gideon: I'll gladly watch the princess

He then sends me a winky face emoji. I swear one of these days I'll strangle him.

Me: Behave.

Placing my phone in my pocket, I start looking around for Marianne. It takes some time to find her since she's in the corner blocked by two bookshelves. The shelf next to her is short enough for me to look at her.

Her back is pressed against a wall, and to her left, she has a view of the city below. She doesn't seem to notice me watching her. At one point she ditched her shoes, they lay next to her purse.

I took her in. She followed my order to wear a sundress. This time she's wearing a black one with a white daisy pattern. Her smooth long legs are crossed at the ankle she reads.

The book she's reading has a man on the cover, with tattoos covering his hands and neck. I think it's called The Dare. I watch as her thighs tighten and her breath quickens. Marianne's face is flushed. I watch as she takes her bottom lip between her teeth, and it takes every ounce of control I have not to march over there and kiss her.

Her breathing stills for a few seconds caught up in whatever she's reading. Then she releases a shaky breath.

"Good book?"

An audible gasp left her lips. Marianne now sat upright, with the book to her chest. As I took a step forward, she scrambled to her feet, her hands behind her back as she tries to hide the book.

"It's okay," she said breathlessly, then cleared her throat. "I'll go put it back."

She didn't get far. When she walked passed me, I grabbed her before she could get too far. Grabbing the book from her grasp, I flipped through the pages. Marianne of course tried to stop me but failed.

When she was reading it didn't seem as though she had gotten far. Maybe the second chapter...? A smirk began to form on my lips. Well, this is surely interesting.

I looked towards Marianne, but she was looking everywhere but at me. The girl in the book was being spanked and called degrading names. I placed the book on a random bookshelf and started towards Marianne.

To my surprise, she doesn't try to run. She stands her ground, looking me dead in the eyes. Good, she shouldn't be ashamed.

I place my hand on her hips, pushing her against a bookshelf. This one was short enough that I could bend her over it. Marianne places her hands behind her, waiting for my next move.

"Would you like me to do those things to you?" I whisper in her ear. "Bend you over and spank you until your ass is red with welts," her breath hitches. My hand slides up her thigh and under her dress.

"Do you want that?" she nodded. I grabbed a fistful of her ass, pulling her body towards mine. "Use your words, Marianne." I pressed my forehead to hers.

"Yes, I want that."

Without me having to tell her, Marianne turned so her back was to me, and rest her elbows on the top of the bookshelf. Taking a hold of her dress, I shoved the material up around her waist. I then took a step back, admiring her.

I'll enjoy every single second of this. Feeling her soft flesh against my hands, hearing the small whimpers and moans that'll leave her lips. I want to leave wet and aching, and maybe, after all of that, she'll finally beg me for what she wants.

My palm strikes her ass with a loud crack, that echoes through the empty store. Marianne's back arches, as a whimper leaves her lips. Yeah, this will be fun.

——